Eagles trade WR Smith to Carolina for CB Worley [arrested and cut]

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Torrey did play much better with Nick but the problem is Carson is our QB. So bye torrey. Thanks for showing up in the playoffs.

Yea, appreciated him showing up in the big games near the end. He’ll always be a part of that, but it was for the best

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

BTW I think this signals that Darby is likely traded.

From like a week ago.

It wouldn't be a huge cap savings (only a million dollars), but I don't think we are gonna re-sign him to what he'll probably want.

Then, you factor in them not having a day 2 pick and getting a guy with starting experience like Worley. Having Mills who Schwartz loves. Getting Sidney Jones back at full strength.

I could see them shipping off Darby for say a 3rd round pick if a team offers.

I don’t think Darby gets traded. All of our current CBs have manageable contracts and are ascending players. With Robinson likely gone, might as well stay deep at the position if you can. 

Darby      .         Jones

Mills        .        Douglas

Worley

I didn't read any part of the thread, but .....

Worley is a young Corey Graham.  (check him out v. the run)

He isn't Robinson.  He isn't Graham. He's both.

He is the hedge against them leaving.  He is a Y-route.  If either leaves, he fills their spot.

They both now have to decide.

This is mizoney unless the Panthers know something else.

7 hours ago, 808 said:

I don’t think Darby gets traded. All of our current CBs have manageable contracts and are ascending players. With Robinson likely gone, might as well stay deep at the position if you can. 

Darby      .         Jones

Mills        .        Douglas

Worley

I dont want Darby to be traded but if he does itll be for 2 reasons.

1) Draft capital- The Eagles have no day 2 picks and Darby is someone they feel can net them one.

2) His contract is up after this year and they dont feel they can sign him longterm 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I dont think the two are necessarily related 

It may not be. Its an educated guess.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I dont want Darby to be traded but if he does itll be for 2 reasons.

1) Draft capital- The Eagles have no day 2 picks and Darby is someone they feel can net them one.

2) His contract is up after this year and they dont feel they can sign him longterm 

Pointed to both of these in that guess too.

6 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Worley is a young Corey Graham.  (check him out v. the run)

He isn't Robinson.  He isn't Graham. He's both.

He is the hedge against them leaving.  He is a Y-route.  If either leaves, he fills their spot.

Not sure where you're getting this from.

He's an outside corner and more like Rasul Douglas if you want to compare him to someone on the roster.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should have said that he's a better Jaylen Watkins.
He's not a complete CB.
But, he does excel versus the run which is conducive to both safety play and nickel play.
He's not as good as either Graham or Robinson, but could be the eventual replacement for either with some work.
That was my original intent.
I look to see him move inside now.

On March 12 Jeff McLane said he was going to safety.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-film-breakdown-daryl-worley-20180312.html

On March 22 Mike Sielski said he could move inside ... and safety.
http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/mike_sielski/college-experience-shows-daryl-worley-has-character-makeup-eagles-are-looking-for-mike-sielski-penn-charter-west-virginia-mountaineers-carolina-panthers-20180322.html

Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived