What's your favorite memory as a Vikings fan?

Klomp

Watching Chuck Foremans spin move.  Jared Allens sack of Eli around the offensive tackle.  The hail mary to Rashad.  Chris Walshs blind side blocks.  CC on the sidelines.  AC rollover a 49er and score.  Watching Fran scramble.  Moss being Moss.  A million others.

The Cowboy playoff game in 2009 that everyone said we were going to lose was fun. Most of the posters on footballsfuture and many of the football experts on espn and nfl network had the Cowboys winning in a dominating fashion. Then the Vikings went out and completely embarrassed the Cowboys.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The Cowboy playoff game in 2009 that everyone said we were going to lose was fun. Most of the posters on footballsfuture and many of the football experts on espn and nfl network had the Cowboys winning in a dominating fashion. Then the Vikings went out and completely embarrassed the Cowboys.

It's similar to when they absolutely destroyed the Saints the week before my aforementioned favorite memory in the 1987 playoffs.  Next to the 1998 season, 1987 was my favorite season of Vikings' football...especially coming on the heels of the Twins' World Series victory.  

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

It's similar to when they absolutely destroyed the Saints the week before my aforementioned favorite memory in the 1987 playoffs.  Next to the 1998 season, 1987 was my favorite season of Vikings' football...especially coming on the heels of the Twins' World Series victory.  

I remember the Twins winning in 87 but was too young I think to understand what a huge deal it was. 1989 was the first season I really remember sitting down and watching the Vikings and understanding the game and getting mad if they didn't win.

22 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I remember the Twins winning in 87 but was too young I think to understand what a huge deal it was. 1989 was the first season I really remember sitting down and watching the Vikings and understanding the game and getting mad if they didn't win.

For me, that was probably around 1982-83...which is why I reacted so poorly to the Les Steckel season of 1984...by far for me, the most embarrassing season of Vikings' football I ever witnessed...as the entire team quit on him (deservedly so, IMO)...I became a LA Rams fan for 2 seasons (huge fan of Dickerson)...and it was only the 1987 Vikings' season that brought me back.  

Edited by disaacs

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, TENINCH said:

Any chance to embarrass the Cowboys is gold, in my opinion!  That's a good memory, 10!!

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'm trying to remember when the game was, but a single play that'll always stand out to me is Randy Moss catching the deep pass and flipping the ball back to the RB to walk into the end zone right at halftime.

This guy! Best memories as kid watching Chuck  Foreman spin, juke, and make one-handed catches out of the backfield. I played RB as a pee wee and tried to emulate Chuck's running style. Also, had at least 3 years of birthday cakes with the number 44 carved into the icing. 

9 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

This guy! Best memories as kid watching Chuck  Foreman spin, juke, and make one-handed catches out of the backfield. I played RB as a pee wee and tried to emulate Chuck's running style. Also, had at least 3 years of birthday cakes with the number 44 carved into the icing. 

Got his autograph and a photo with him as a kid at the local Walmart.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Got his autograph and a photo with him as a kid at the local Walmart.

Cool. Walmart, though? Lol. I actually met him at Bunker's Bar in Mpls. Bought him a Miller Lite and got his autograph as well. Unfortunately, it was before mobile devices became  so popular and I didn't get a pic.

Edited by marshpit23

My favorite Vikings memory is also a Favre play, but it's not the game-winner to Greg Lewis (as amazing as that was; I went crazy when it happened). It happened during that huge comeback in our second '09 game at Chicago, when he completed a crazy touchdown pass to Sidney Rice on 4th and goal to tie the game and force overtime. Even though we lost that game, it exemplified everything Favre stood for. The man just never gave up. (It's here at 3:34.)

Other favorite memories would be the 1998 and 2009 seasons in general, and Brad Childress getting fired. It shocked me that they canned him when they did, right in the middle of the 2010 season, but it was absolutely the right decision and I'm glad they didn't wait. No one liked him, he couldn't deal with people, Favre didn't respect him, he fired Moss...so glad that guy is out of here.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2