*Expected Cap $46millon - $7million for draft = $39million to spend*

Sign NRC 3 year 17 mil

Sign Navarro Bowman 2 years $13mil

Sign Trent Murphy 1 year $2.5mil

Sign Sammy Watkins 1 year $12mil

Sign Dontari Poe 3 Years $18 mil

Sign John Sullivan 2 years $9 mil

Sign Brian Cushing 1 year $1.5mil

This puts us at $38.6 mil and just under my projections. I'm not great with signing bonuses and cap hit so I'm just doing basic math here.

Draft

#23 Harold Landry OLB

#87 Josey Jewell ILB

#102 Mark Walton RB

#111 Hercules Mata'afa EDGE

#176 FOLEY FATUKASI NT

#183 Micah Kiser ILB

#194 Scott Quessenberry OG/C

#195 Brett Toth OT

#196 Byron Pringle WR

#198 PETER KALAMBAYI Edge

I'd be a HUGE fan if this were to happen. Josey Jewell is a guy I've been linking to the Rams. A guy like Tegray Scales could be a solid guy as well, but I love adding veterans so the rookies can grow and learn. I think this may be a great balance between now and future. I'm excited for FA and the draft!

8 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yup, I did. Put it in italics @jrry32

My mistake. But that seems like too much money being spent. I'm surprised we can afford that. I haven't run the numbers, so maybe it is possible. Are we not re-signing Cody Davis, Jake McQuaide, Troy Hill, Longacre, etc.?

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My mistake. But that seems like too much money being spent. I'm surprised we can afford that. I haven't run the numbers, so maybe it is possible. Are we not re-signing Cody Davis, Jake McQuaide, Troy Hill, Longacre, etc.?

It's possible but not likely.  In the sense that most teams budget around $2-3m in incidentals (budgeted for LTBE's, injury signings, etc.)  Because you can never be certain who exactly is going to count against your Top 51 when you've got a relatively young team.

I also don't think it's a terrible thing to want to carry over about $4m or so to the 2019 cap (preparation of sorts for ensuring that we're not having to twist awkwardly to extend the likes of Gurley and Goff when the time comes).

I figured out why the numbers don't add up. We only have $40.5 million, not $46 million, after all the initial moves. However, I think Bowman and Sullivan will cost less than you paid them, so you could likely fit everyone in under the cap.

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I figured out why the numbers don't add up. We only have $40.5 million, not $46 million, after all the initial moves. However, I think Bowman and Sullivan will cost less than you paid them, so you could likely fit everyone in under the cap.

not sure what’s numbers numbers you are running? With all the tag and trades (not the Shields signing) we aren’t looking at a $36.75m after our Top 51 + roll over cap. Add in the money from Austin (+$3m) and Barron (+$7m) that’s where the ~$46-47m comes from

Archived