Bucs extend Mike Evans WR

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What an over-payment. Holy hell! Good WR but not worth that.

LMAO, people realize the cap continues to go up and the deals are only getting bigger right. 

90% of these guys aren't worth the actual money they'll get, but they'll keep going up...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

LMAO, people realize the cap continues to go up and the deals are only getting bigger right. 

90% of these guys aren't worth the actual money they'll get, but they'll keep going up...

How dare you leave me.

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We all now this, yet $16.5 per year for Evans is hilarious. Ouch.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We all now this, yet $16.5 per year for Evans is hilarious. Ouch.

Guess we'll see if this rings true in 2 years when his contract will be more middle of the pack than top of the pack and he's still in the middle of his prime...

People act like he's 30, he's just entering what should be his best seasons and this deal will see those through.

But to each his own I guess...

35 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

So middle of the pack QBs can get $20+ per but top five wrs getting 2O+% less is “insane”...

Look at the cap boys and girls it’s 2018 not 2012.  

In what universe is Evans a top 5 WR?

The key difference between QB's getting paid is that the O runs through them for each play.   If a WR is lucky it runs to him 10-12x a game.   

I love the elite WR playmaker, and a difference maker is worth paying.  And WR's longevity means it's worth investing in, over say, RB, if you are elite.   But it shouldn't approach the QB scale. 

And that's before you debate where Evans falls - he's not as bad as last year, but probably not as good as 2016 - where he was the sole target on a team that played a lot of garbage time.   He was due for regression this year - the Winston injury really derailed him beyond what was expected, though. 

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The key difference between QB's getting paid is that the O runs through them for each play.   If a WR is lucky it runs to him 10-12x a game.   

I love the elite WR playmaker, and a difference maker is worth paying.  And WR's longevity means it's worth investing in, over say, RB, if you are elite.   But it shouldn't approach the QB scale. 

And that's before you debate where Evans falls - he's not as bad as last year, but probably not as good as 2016 - where he was the sole target on a team that played a lot of garbage time.   He was due for regression this year - the Winston injury really derailed him beyond what was expected, though. 

We were 9-7 and half a game out of the playoffs. And four of our losses were by seven points or less. I wouldn't consider that "garbage time."

Archived