Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

More than four months into his rehab, Vikings running back Dalvin Cook is looking good.

Spielman: “He’s progressed very nicely. I talked to Eric Sugarman when we got back in town, and we don’t see any reason where he’s not going to be where Adrian Peterson was when he came off his knee injury. We have no reason to believe Dalvin won’t even be stronger than he was before the injury. We’re very excited about getting him back on the field.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/02/dalvin-cook-on-track-for-2018/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eric Sugarman: "Dalvin is right in what we consider the sweet spot for rehab, really doing all functional activities at this time. He’s doing rehab with the players in the offseason program, and he’s been doing his rehab with Tom Hunkele, who is our Coordinator of Rehabilitation, and Mark Uyeyama, who is our strength coach. Dalvin has knocked the rehab out of the park, he’s done a great job. He’s been here every day since the injury occurred post op and really hasn’t missed a beat in transitioning from Winter Park to this new, beautiful facility. He’s been here with a smile on his face every day. Give him the credit because he’s put in all of the work to get to the point where he’s at.”

“The plan is, for him hopefully, when he gets to training camp, he’ll be about nine-and-a-half months post-op at that time and hopefully he’ll be a participant just like everybody else. It’s been fun to work with Dalvin to get to know him personally, but also to watch how he has attacked this rehab. It’s tough early on. I’m sure he’ll tell you, the first few weeks when he came back, he probably was wondering if he’d ever walk normal again, and there were probably a few days where he was ready to kill me when I had to put pressure on his knee to get his range of motion back.”

Sugarman added he didn’t think there would be a reason that Cook would still be sidelined by Week 1.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Dalvin-Cooks-Attack-of-ACL-Rehab-Leading-to-Progress/e5aa477d-d644-4aac-9926-299779180d0f?sf187700321=1

• Like 3

Cook: “It’s a process. It’s a journey. It is something that you have to trust yourself and know that you did everything in your power to get your knee back the way it is at. I attack this thing every day and I did what I needed to do to get to this point. I had no doubt when I first touched the field is where I wanted to be at.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/24/dalvin-cook-has-knocked-the-rehab-out-of-the-park/

• 4 weeks later...