Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I honestly think that the team would not have been as good. 

The approach and philosophy on offense would have been very different, imo. The team would have run the entire offense through Cook, running him into the ground, rather than having to rely on Keenum and run the offense through the QB. 

I think the offense would have looked very similar to 2015. 

I debated this also, but I personally think we would have avoided it as the season went on and went back to being the team we were. We would of stuck to the RB by committee but for sure more options going to Cook.

If Cook were healthy all year, there’s no way I’ll believe that Shurmur or Zimmer would have put as much faith in Keenum as they were forced to. And his play was the prime reason for the offensive success last year. 

I think we would have seen a lot more games like we did in the first game against Detroit. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If Cook were healthy all year, there’s no way I’ll believe that Shurmur or Zimmer would have put as much faith in Keenum as they were forced to. And his play was the prime reason for the offensive success last year. 

I think we would have seen a lot more games like we did in the first game against Detroit. 

I don't think they put as much extra faith in Keenum as you think they did.

16 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I honestly wonder how much different this team would have looked with Dalvin. I also wonder how much less money McKinnon would have been making this year. 

Dalvin was basically taking more and more carries from the other two backs. 

I thought this was the case too, but I was surprised at how low the snap counts were for Dalvin when I looked it up earlier in the offseason. He played 78% of snaps in the opener, but that was actually the most he had in a full game.

That maybe was starting to change against Detroit though, as he was on the field for like 27/31 plays at time of injury.

11 hours ago, Flair Hay said:

I'm sure they'll want to ease him back in a bit to start the season. Wouldn't surprise me if Murray is taking close to half the runs first 2 or 3 games just to be safe.

I guess that would surprise me given he should be 100% and he'll have had reps in preseason games to shake off any rust. If there is a need to be "safe" he likely shouldn't be playing as he would not be fully healed IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I guess that would surprise me given he should be 100% and he'll have had reps in preseason games to shake off any rust. If there is a need to be "safe" he likely shouldn't be playing as he would not be fully healed IMO.

I think that 'rust' may still be there for the first few games. It took Adrian Peterson a little while to get back to full speed in 2012 after his ACL tear the year prior, and he's a freak of nature.

Dalvin benefits from having more time to heal though than AD though.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think that 'rust' may still be there for the first few games. It took Adrian Peterson a little while to get back to full speed in 2012 after his ACL tear the year prior, and he's a freak of nature.

Dalvin benefits from having more time to heal though than AD though.

And Dalvin's only 22 yrs old.   

• 4 weeks later...