Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

Vikings running back Dalvin Cook honored his nickname by teaming with a real chef, James Mahne, to win the first-ever “Iron Viking” competition last month during the annual Taste of the Vikings fundraiser at U.S. Bank Stadium. Cook and Mehne, a chef with Aramark’s M Hospitality (at U.S. Bank Stadium), worked together on a crab cake that won over judges. The second-year pro looked like a seasoned kitchen vet during the 30-minute contest in which he faced a team that featured Vikings defensive end Stephen Weatherly.

While the Iron Viking was a new element, Taste of the Vikings continued its mission of raising money to feed people facing hunger throughout the Twin Cities.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dalvin-cook-spices-up-1st-iron-viking-contest-at-annual-fundraiser

• 3 weeks later...

Vikings running back Dalvin Cook is “full-go” for the start of training camp, Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer-Press reports. Cook got limited work during the offseason, and the Vikings have no concern about his availability for the season opener.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/26/dalvin-cook-full-go-for-training-camp/

Dalvin Cook not only is “full go,” but the Vikings running back has shed the protective brace on his surgically repaired left knee.

Cook: “I told myself, ‘I know the work I put it. I’m going to test it out before I get back to training camp.’ I felt comfortable with not wearing it, so I just went forward and made sure the training staff knows that I’m not going to be wearing it. They are comfortable with it as long as I’m comfortable with it. You’re going to be nervous, that’s just going through the process. You’re coming off a very serious injury. As I gradually got through it, though, I got comfortable with it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/dalvin-cook-sheds-protective-brace-on-his-surgically-repaired-knee/

Dalvin Cook has been practicing since rookies started training camp on Wednesday, but he got in full-team work on Saturday for the first time, drawing applause from the crowd when he got free along the sideline on one play. Cook looks quick and confident about his surgically repaired knee after tearing the left anterior cruciate ligament in October.

Thielen: “If you’re around that guy for two days, you can’t be surprised because his work ethic, his mindset, it’s remarkable. Even when the injury first happened, his mindset in the locker room, around the guys, he’s just an incredible person. You just hang around him for two days and you see that come out. I’m excited to have him around the field again competing because that’s what he loves to do.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Camp-notebook-Day-3-Vikings-nearly-full-strength-120170376

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

How's he looking guys? Im sitting at pick 10/10 in my draft and may go RB/RB if Hopkins and OBJ are gone....

Looking great in training camp so far. No brace and making crisp cuts. I expect a big year from Cook especially catching passes out of the backfield. 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:10 PM, marshpit23 said:

Looking great in training camp so far. No brace and making crisp cuts. I expect a big year from Cook especially catching passes out of the backfield. 

Thanks! I think I'm going to go RB/RB with him being one of them at the 10/11 turn. Yall think thats a good option? My league is pretty RB hungry.

8 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Thanks! I think I'm going to go RB/RB with him being one of them at the 10/11 turn. Yall think thats a good option? My league is pretty RB hungry.

Yes. I’m pretty RB hungry when drafting FF as well. Good luck! 

Edited by marshpit23

Cook didn’t play in the preseason opener last Saturday against the Denver Broncos and said he doesn’t know if he will play this Saturday against the Jaguars. But, either way, he says he will be ready for the regular season – even if he gets no preseason action.

Cook: “Yeah, 100 percent. I’m going to be ready to go. Ball is ball. When that ball rolls out, I’m going to go 100 percent, I’m going to fly around. I’m going to do me. Like I said, my knee is ready to go. I’m ready to play. That’s behind me and now it’s just football now.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Dalvin-Cook-sure-hes-ready-for-games-120741303/