Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

15 hours ago, disaacs said:

There's no more reason to rip Nelson, snake... :D

He was a good RB for the Vikings...it's just unfortunate that he wasn't Marcus Allen.  And I just looked him up...man, we must be getting old...he turns 60 in about a year and a half.  

I was pretty young back then, but knew you don't pass on the Heisman Trophy winning, nations top RB, for a scatback because we got turf in the dome.9_9

3 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

I was pretty young back then, but knew you don't pass on the Heisman Trophy winning, nations top RB, for a scatback because we got turf in the dome.9_9

Bud and Jerry wanted Darrin as he was a better fit for their offense than Allen (and Gerald Riggs) as he was more of a receiving back than either of them...unfortunately, that ability didn't pay off in the 1987 NFCC.  

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

It's looking like the Vikings got the better of the Bengals in the Cook/Mixon trade so far. However, I still expect this one to end up closer than it is right now. 

As much as people rag on Zimmer for being slow to play rookies, I've heard Lewis is far worse. Mixon won't take over the backfield until Hill and/or Bernard get hurt.

16 minutes ago, Klomp said:

As much as people rag on Zimmer for being slow to play rookies, I've heard Lewis is far worse. Mixon won't take over the backfield until Hill and/or Bernard get hurt.

The idea of Zimmer not playing rookies is really an over exaggeration from 2016. We saw our rookies pay a considerable amount of snaps in 2014 and 2015. 

Shurmur: “I told him after the game, ‘You’re no longer a rookie, you got your first live action in a regular season game.’ You can just tell, there are certain players where it’s not too big for them. He was in the flow of the game, he was comfortable with what he was doing.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/09/will-vikings-use-latavius-murray-vs-pittsburgh/