Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Cook: “Nothing ever comes easy. Nothing ever in life comes easy. It’s all hard work. Every week, every Monday, every time coach calls practice I’m going to put my hard hat on and go to work. That’s every week, it’s the same game plan. It’s just go to work, work hard and live with the outcome. I think once you’re out on the field, a lot of it goes out the window because if you get two guys one-on-one and one of them just wants to make the play more than the other, that’s just what it comes down to. So if you don’t get the biggest guy to make the play, it’s just the person that wants to go out there and make the play more than the other person.”

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-RB-Dalvin-Cook-Its-all-about-will-108121941

guy doesn't sound like a rookie.

I was initially upset when he was drafted-I wanted an OL-but after watching some game footage of him, was excited for what he would bring to this team.

Rookie Dalvin Cook has 71 touches through Week Three, an average of 23.66 per game. It projects to 378 touches for the season. As a rookie 10 years ago, Peterson had 257. Yes, Peterson missed two games with a knee injury and was splitting time (sort of) with Chester Taylor, who had 186 touches that year. Still, the Vikings have Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon, but they have contributed only seven and 16 touches, respectively.

It definitely wasn’t supposed to be this way, and it’s hard to imagine Cook being used so much over the rest of the year. Racking up 378 touches would compare Cook with Peterson in his prime years, like 2008 (384 touches), 2009 (357 touches), 2012 (388 touches), and 2015 (357 touches).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/30/dalvin-cook-on-pace-for-an-adrian-peterson-style-workload/

20 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Let's hope the injury won't keep him out more than a week.  At least he was able to put some weight on it.  But,he winced in pain walking off.

At best, I think he'll miss multiple games this year. Non contact injuries are usually the worst injuries you can get. 

Just now, Snake Plissken said:

Cook was my number 1 reason for optimism with this team.  With his loss and the team's inconsistencies most of the hope I had for a winning season are gone. 

Right there with you. Not much to be excited about right now.

Smh, this kid was really out here doing amazing things with the rock. On his way to another 100 yard game, you had to respect his stance at running back and play the run cautious. With him gone I feel like they will play the pass with more confidence now. Lets hope Murray can do what he did in Oakland and generate just enough respect.

I feel the same, with Cook out. There goes the season. He was the difference maker & dynamic guy that gave this offense juice. 

Vikings are just absolutely snake bitten. I mean he should be back healthy next year but man this is ridiculous. It's so hard to be a Vikings fan sometimes. It's like we can't have anything nice. well except the defense, which is really good and should be for a good while. That's what gives me long term hope. 

Maybe get a true franchise QB in front of Dalvin next year (Rosen, Darnold, Jackson) and we could be looking at a contender for the next 5-10 years  I truly don't believe Sam is that guy, and I love Teddy but there's just too many question marks with him right now  

• Like 1