Let's Delve Into Dalvin Cook

Klomp

21 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

You guys think all those touches put wear and tear on his body which caused this injury?

Not likely. Just looked like a freak injury. I've wanted to see more of Murray though to reduce the reliance on Cook. McKinnon needs to find a new team. Maybe Ham will get worked in at RB more.

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If dalvin is out for the year, I would have no compliants if we got rolled for the rest of the season. 

And have a Shiney new young QB to pair Cook with up for next year. He was our best offensive player (diggs 2nd)

The Vikes still have a really good defense and passing game, once Bradford gets back. They need to be able to get some production out of Murray (4 ypc at the least). I think MN can still be in the playoff mix if Bradford can get healthy. 

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes still have a really good defense and passing game, once Bradford gets back. They need to be able to get some production out of Murray (4 ypc at the least). I think MN can still be in the playoff mix if Bradford can get healthy. 

I think Murray is significantly behind dalvin in terms of game impact & will effect his upcoming, which should be lower then his Raider days behind that beastly ol

We will find out the news tomorrow, which will be as we all expect. Full acl tear. 

But as someone said already, at least it happened now and not week 17. He should have plenty of time to get back and get 100% before next season. These ACL injuries are by no means easy to come back from, but they are no where near as bad as they used to be. There are plenty of star players that have had these and come back to continue good careers. Keenan Allen most recently has come back and looking exceptional. Dalvin is a young strong player, he should be able to make a full recovery from this by week 1 of next year I would think. 

Also, don't forget Teddy had a much worse injury. Yet he seems like he's ready to go and it's only week 4. Even tho it was probably a 4 week difference in time frame, it still bodes well for Dalvin to come back early next year. So while I feel down about this, I'm not gonna act like this is the end of Dalvin's career in purple. Because it's not. 

2 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

We will find out the news tomorrow, which will be as we all expect. Full acl tear. 

But as someone said already, at least it happened now and not week 17. He should have plenty of time to get back and get 100% before next season. These ACL injuries are by no means easy to come back from, but they are no where near as bad as they used to be. There are plenty of star players that have had these and come back to continue good careers. Keenan Allen most recently has come back and looking exceptional. Dalvin is a young strong player, he should be able to make a full recovery from this by week 1 of next year I would think. 

Also, don't forget Teddy had a much worse injury. Yet he seems like he's ready to go and it's only week 4. Even tho it was probably a 4 week difference in time frame, it still bodes well for Dalvin to come back early next year. So while I feel down about this, I'm not gonna act like this is the end of Dalvin's career in purple. Because it's not. 

The Vikings have had Terry Allen, Robert Smith and Adrian come back with huge years after ACL injuries. And if it's only the ACL then he should be ready by training camp 

4 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

You guys think all those touches put wear and tear on his body which caused this injury?

I feel like it'd have more to do with the training. Do they do anything to strengthen the ligament? All of the extra muscle probably puts a lot of extra stress on the ACL. Im no doctor though.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

The Vikings have had Terry Allen, Robert Smith and Adrian come back with huge years after ACL injuries. And if it's only the ACL then he should be ready by training camp 

And talk is that it's not torn all the way through - only a partial tear.  So, IF that's true, at WORST, he'll start by 2018 training camp.

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Greenway tore his ACL in his first rookie pre-season game.

Had he not, he probably would have been better than he was, but your point is clear.

Are human knees not meant to do the things that NFL players do? Or is it that knees are physiologically weak by nature? I've always wondered why this body part.