Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

Ah, #$%^ this.

We already have a better version on the roster, but we need Landry because he has WR next to his name and hasn't been misused by our coaching staff yet. Awesome. I always wanted to give up draft picks for a dude we would then have to overspend on by 6-8M a year.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

For 2 draft picks.

This is why we always sucks.

Screw this crap. This off season could torpedo my interest in ever watching the Browns again.

go then

we dont always suck because we trade for pro bowl WR
we dont trade for pro bowl WRs ever

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

For 2 draft picks.

This is why we always sucks.

Screw this crap. This off season could torpedo my interest in ever watching the Browns again.

Trading for proven pro bowlers in their prime isn’t why we always suck. 

Depends on the picks as to how I feel.

He’s a good football player. Catches the ball. More than can be said for most Browns players.

No game breaking ability but I’ll like it as a safety blanket for Darnold.

2018 and 2019 picks. Hopefully mid round and late.

how can people hate it without even knowing what we gave up or what his contract is?  I don't care if we over pay on contract as we have a bunch of $ and will have to over pay to get anyone here.  People are upset that we got landry, how much did you enjoy watching that **** show collection of wr we ran out there last yr?

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

987 yards and we just gave up 2 picks for it. Pryor had 1,007 yards and we showed him the door. IDGAF How many catches you have if you aren't doing jack with it. I don't care how you slice it Landry doesn't deserve his pro bowl status either.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If by "proven" you mean proven to be able to get a respectable yardage total when given 150+ targets, then sure.

The dude is basically a 3rd down RB playing WR. He's good at his role, but it's a role that is worth at most like 8M a year because he is not a useful player if you're asking him to catch the ball more than 10ish yards from the LOS. He was on a 16M tag. If he's signing with us long term, I gotta think he's gonna make at least 13M or so a year, and that's a gross overpay. Plus, that money makes it less likely that we sign better WRs like Robinson in FA (although I'm assuming with this move that we already knew Robinson wasn't coming, or at least I hope we figured that out first).

I'm most confused by this because Hue and Haley, for all their differences, both run vertical heavy offenses. I don't see Landry's fit.

Archived