Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

3 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Except, we are a very young team and players like Gordon can take a few of your players with him down into the dirt. He is a potential cancer and for a young team like ours a real serious risk.

There is a reason why winning franchises do not keep the Gordon's of this world on their teams, they know full well, what damage they can do!!!!

I’m confused how a player with a past is going to be a cancer. I’m more concerned with present behavior. Unsubstantiated speculation aside, I’m curious what current behaviors you believe to outweigh the rewards. As far as “serious risk” goes, we are like 1-27 without him the past two years. He’s not exactly jumping on board to pilot the Titanic. 

As far as winning franchises not keeping Gordons of the world, I again think this is just inaccurate. Pretty much every team in the NFL has players with some sort of questionable past. Hasn’t Lagarette Blount won the last two Super Bowls with two different squads? These perceptions are across the league. 

I can tell we are unlikely to be on the same page on this one. If he screws up, I’m with moving on. For now, you’ve gone through enough with him, and he’s eligible to play. See what he gives you with a full season (or until he slips up).

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I wouldn’t entertain the idea of trading josh unless we get Allen Robinson and I’d still wait till next year when he’s a RFA or franchise him I can’t rmember what he was this year. 

Unfortunately, he is untradable, no team will be so kind as to take him for a price, you just have to cut him and say goodbye.

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I wouldn’t entertain the idea of trading josh unless we get Allen Robinson and I’d still wait till next year when he’s a RFA or franchise him I can’t rmember what he was this year. 

Yeah, I don’t think there’s really even value in trading him right now. You may bring in a low pick. He needs to put in a full season before a trade would really even begin to make sense on either side of things, I’d think. 

26 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Except, we are a very young team and players like Gordon can take a few of your players with him down into the dirt. He is a potential cancer and for a young team like ours a real serious risk.

There is a reason why winning franchises do not keep the Gordon's of this world on their teams, they know full well, what damage they can do!!!!

There are several winning teams with problem players on their roster. This take is not only false, but easily disputed. There are truly terrible human beings scattered all throughout the NFL. Josh Gordon likes/liked to smoke weed. Not sure how a dude enjoying something that's completely harmless in his free time is such a cancer. Who has he dragged down with him since he was brought in here in 2012? Because the answer is nobody but himself.

I wouldn't trade Josh Gordon for anything other than a high 1st round pick. That ain't happening, so I'm keeping him and not batting an eye. I don't know why you hate Gordon so much. He's a stud on the field for us and has seemingly conquered his off-field issues---which aren't really that devastating to begin with. I don't see how you can compare Josh Gordon's weed smoking to some of the other rotten human beings that have been in the league.

Btw, your age is showing.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

Unfortunately, he is untradable, no team will be so kind as to take him for a price, you just have to cut him and say goodbye.

An elite WR like Gordon can get you something. He’s not untradeable by any means. Sounds like you have a vendetta. I get it he screwed us for a couple years but he’s as good if not better then 90% of WR that play today and is young. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Josh gordon has never been a reason we have lost games when he has been on the field. 

Most of the time he is our best player. 

I agree, save his rookie year, where he dropped a wide open deep ball TD against the Colts in Indianapolis. I was there in person. That may have been about the angriest I've ever been in a live sporting event.

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Yeah, that is why teams dump problem players all the time, especially winning team, they do not let the rotten apple spoil the barrel., they leave those rotten apples for losing desperate franchises to pick up, but I guess that is us!!!

Not when the player is super talented on a super cheap contract.

And I never hear of him being a locker room cancer or bad teammate.  Ever.  I have never heard that he clashes with coaches or QBs.  Not once. 

14 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Your second chance doesn't always have to be for a different team. And lets be honest here Josh Gordon is technically on at least his 4th team. We change regimes so fast and so often its like a new team every year.

lol was just about to say the same thing 

I mean hes on his 4th regime lol everything is new

Keep him again we have nothing to lose

Like I said dude gotta pay child support now. I believe in the system that man doesnt wanna go to jail he gonna have to keep his job 

Plus these guys are gonna want to play with Tyrod 

Archived