Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

People seem to complain about his low average per catch numbers, and him being a slot guy, but I remember Wes Welker having very similar numbers, and playing primarily slot WR, but he was still a very valuable player for years for New England.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

No one is saying he's bad. We are saying that he is slightly above average but his raw stats make him look really good because of sheer quantity. And that we are paying for him as if those raw stats are the whole story, as well as that he just isn't a great fit for our current offensive scheme (vertical heavy offense) or personnel (Duke can do almost the exact same job for cheaper).

I think they key is he has so many targets and receptions because he gets open.

That itself is something we have not had nearly enough of on this team....

1 minute ago, bigbluejt said:

we don't need him to be a vertical threat for us.  We have gordon and coleman for that which means landry can be the underneath guy that he has been so far in his career.  I guess some guys really liked watching louis, higgins, treggs, williams, etc out on the field dominating.....

You people really don't get opportunity cost, do you? Because we got Landry, we now have no shot at better receivers like Robinson, Watkins, or even mid tier guys like Lee or Richardson.

No one is upset at having Landry on the roster. People are upset because of the cost both in draft picks (two picks and I will sadly bet that our 3rd this year is one) and in money (probably 13M AAV). Not because we don't want the money spent but because there were much better players out there to spend it on.

I think Haley will turn him into something truly special. He embraced his roll in Miami. He’ll need to be a bigger playmaker here. I’m happy with this deal. Hopefully it’s a 3rd or less. Reports are it’s 4yrs 58mill. 

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You people really don't get opportunity cost, do you? Because we got Landry, we now have no shot at better receivers like Robinson, Watkins, or even mid tier guys like Lee or Richardson.

No one is upset at having Landry on the roster. People are upset because of the cost both in draft picks (two picks and I will sadly bet that our 3rd this year is one) and in money (probably 13M AAV). Not because we don't want the money spent but because there were much better players out there to spend it on.

i do.
sammy watkins broke 1k once
robinson broke 1k once, coming off torn acl
Not to mention... we STILL could get one.
furthermore you dont even know what we spent yet

oh and hes a 3x pro bowler.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Anything less than pick 65 and I’m super happy with it.

Anything more than pick 65 and it starts to feel unnecessary.

Not saying I would be thrilled....but do you think we could get a WR at pick 65 that will match his production?

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

some people(YOU) don't understand that you are going to have to over pay any of them to come here as well.  I will reserve judgement on the pick part until it is announced.  People want pryor back but didn't we offer him best deal last yr and he still said no?  Just because you want something doesn't mean you are going to get it.  Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.  Also lets be real here, we can go sign another wr if we really want to as we still have a boat load of $$$ to spend.  

Archived