Crazy thought...

jcvoodoo

How would you feel if Sean Payton pulled a Mike Ditka and traded all this years picks and some of next years to nab one of those top tier QBs? Highly doubtful the FO allows a scenario like this to happen, but think about it for a second. Who would be your choice and why? Is now the time? 

My choice would be Josh Allen and not just because we share tthe same first name. Big QB, good arm, very acurate, and smart. With the running game NOLA has... hell yeah...I'd pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I really like Teddy Bridgewater... Id love to see the Saints sign him to a deal to back up Drew and groom him to be the successor. Great kid, good player, only 25.

No! I've been watching Teddy from day 1. He doesn't trust anything; not himself, not open receivers, and I'll be surprised if he trusts his knee after what he went through (see RG3).

Teddy reminds me of Aaron Brooks with his body language. He could be so good, followed by so bad. Teddy is the same. The Vikings success has always come despite Bridgewater.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

No! I've been watching Teddy from day 1. He doesn't trust anything; not himself, not open receivers, and I'll be surprised if he trusts his knee after what he went through (see RG3).

Teddy reminds me of Aaron Brooks with his body language. He could be so good, followed by so bad. Teddy is the same. The Vikings success has always come despite Bridgewater.

Im not sold on Tysom Hill...

I dont think its worth the capitol we'd have to sacrifice to trade up to get Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield...

I really love Jackson's athleticism but ive seen what fast athletic defenses do to him and his passing ability is a long way from being ready... If it ever will.

If were choosing out of all the other quarterbacks... Id take Luke Falk but wouldnt be comfortable selecting him till the 4th round.

I'm ok with trading a couple picks for one of the top 5 QBs...assuming Peyton is convinced that they will be great. A great QB is always worth two late first round picks and more, in my opinion. We are treading uncomfortable water with Brees right now. Even if he resigns, which he probably will, we have to have a plan. As of right now...we really have nothing. We should be grooming a QB right now....we are already behind the 8-ball.

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I'm ok with trading a couple picks for one of the top 5 QBs...assuming Peyton is convinced that they will be great. A great QB is always worth two late first round picks and more, in my opinion. We are treading uncomfortable water with Brees right now. Even if he resigns, which he probably will, we have to have a plan. As of right now...we really have nothing. We should be grooming a QB right now....we are already behind the 8-ball.

One thing that keeps poping in my head is that Loomis and Payton ALWAYS take advantage of deep position groups in the draft. Cooks in the 2014 class, Rankins in 2016 and Kamara in 2017. Whenever their is a deep class at a particular position group we always find a way to secure a player from it lately.

Having said that... This years quarterback group is pretty darn deep and we obviously have a need at the position since we've been sniffing around quarterbacks the last 3 drafts. I just cant see us not coming away from this draft without a quarterback. 

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

One thing that keeps poping in my head is that Loomis and Payton ALWAYS take advantage of deep position groups in the draft. Cooks in the 2014 class, Rankins in 2016 and Kamara in 2017. Whenever their is a deep class at a particular position group we always find a way to secure a player from it lately.

Having said that... This years quarterback group is pretty darn deep and we obviously have a need at the position since we've been sniffing around quarterbacks the last 3 drafts. I just cant see us not coming away from this draft without a quarterback. 

I agree...I’d be targeting QB or LB in round 1. I’d be looking at OG, TE,  QB, and WR round 3 on. Lots of depth from those positions. LB is the one position is feel is very strong with round 1 talent, but after that, there’s a drop off. 

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I agree...I’d be targeting QB or LB in round 1. I’d be looking at OG, TE,  QB, and WR round 3 on. Lots of depth from those positions. LB is the one position is feel is very strong with round 1 talent, but after that, there’s a drop off. 

I think they will target a QB early if the one they like slips into the bottom half of the top 15 or lower kinda like KC did last year and if that dont happen then they will sit pat and take the BPA that falls to us at 27 then turn there focus to the second teir of quarterbacks and target one of those in either the 2nd or 3rd round.

Archived