Dune, (Villeneuve version)

vike daddy

Denis Villeneuve is preparing to shoot additional footage on “Dune” this August in Europe, Deadline confirms. Per the report: “The team is planning to head back to Budapest, Hungary, where the movie shot in 2019 at Origo Film Studios. Filming has also taken part in Jordan and Norway, and initially wrapped back in July last year.” Cast member Oscar Isaac confirmed the new shooting plan in an interview with Deadline.

“We’re going to do some additional shooting in mid August…they’re saying in Budapest in Hungary,” Isaac said. “I saw some things cut together and it just looks amazing. Denis [Villeneuve] is a real artist and it will be exciting to see it come together. It’s kind of wild that we’re doing some additional shooting a few months before it’s supposed to come out, but that happened with Star Wars as well.”

According to Deadline, the additional filming on “Dune” is not out of the ordinary for a Hollywood tentpole of this scale and the extra shooting “will not cause a delay and it will still release” on schedule. Warner Bros. and Legendary have “Dune” set for a nationwide opening on December 18. The project is being designed by Villeneuve as a two-part film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s legendary science-fiction novel. Cinematographer Greig Fraser has said the December 18 release will feel like a standalone film.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/denis-villeneuve-extra-dune-footage-release-date-1202238529/?fbclid=IwAR0O90LbNLjccagLxc2TYPxevRMV-1iMBOi9N6Cpu3BVdb-TZjlyU21yVp4

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Trailer looks pretty but to a person without prior knowledge of Dune that trailer is a nothing-berger IMO

I can' definitely see that. Even for those who have read the book, it's kind of just a good looking trailer with, look, here's this thing or person repeated multiple times.

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Trailer looks pretty but to a person without prior knowledge of Dune that trailer is a nothing-berger IMO

I came in to say just that.  I have no prior knowledge of Dune and it has some cool visuals, but that really told me nothing about the story other than son looking to step into the shoes of his ruling father.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I came in to say just that.  I have no prior knowledge of Dune and it has some cool visuals, but that really told me nothing about the story

That is a GOOD thing. 

TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS NOT READ THE BOOKS:

DO NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT. 

DO NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT.

DO NOOOOOOOOOT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think as far as the general audience they're hoping the stars will put butts in seats

I'm super hyped for this movie. Villeneuve is one of the best directors working today and has already made two incredible sci fi movies. 

Also shout out to Pink Floyd in the trailer, really liked that

• Like 1

I really, really, REALLY hope people don’t read into the plot too much because this will have a Game of Thrones type mass appeal if it’s been done correctly.  

Villains you can love to hate - check.

Unexpected plot twists - check.

WTF moments - check.

And that’s just the first year in a 10,000 year story.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really, really, REALLY hope people don’t read into the plot too much because this will have a Game of Thrones type mass appeal if it’s been done correctly.  

Villains you can love to hate - check.

Unexpected plot twists - check.

WTF moments - check.

And that’s just the first year in a 10,000 year story.

I dont remember, but they are planning a series of films here right?

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont remember, but they are planning a series of films here right?

This movie is only going to be the first half of the original book. I believe I read that Villeneuve only signed on to do this based on a guarantee that he'd be able to do the second half regardless of how well the first one does. So maybe not a series but at least two.

• Like 1