Dune, (Villeneuve version)

vike daddy

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm hoping for Gary Oldman as Duke Leto Atreides and Taron Edgerton as Paul Atreides.  Or maybe a longer role for Gary Oldman.  Maybe Gurney Halleck. 

Oldman could play the Padishah to perfection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Havent seen him in anything but Interstellar. Whats the general mood on him for those of you who have seen Lady Bird and the like?

he's a rising star ..I liked his performances in Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name

might see him at the oscars this year for 'Beautiful Boy'

Edited by August4th

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, RamRod said:

Will be interesting to see who he plays.  I could see him playing a number of characters. 

My money is on Glossu "Beast" Rabban. 

It's gotta be Glossu Rabban or Stilgar, right?  Don't really see him playing anyone else. 

On 1/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, vike daddy said:

https://movieweb.com/dune-movie-reboot-cast-villain-stellan-skarsgard/?fbclid=IwAR3tb9xnJAHwfUgQwpI7u83uzrS5SjfU57I1F_UNdTrrr6T8S7m0awiNyKo

According to a new report, Stellan Skarsgård has been tapped to portray the villainous Baron Harkonnen in the Dune remake.

Stellan has the acting ability, but he doesn't have the fat.  I was really hoping for Errol Childress. 

The Baron is one character that really has to be extremely fat and extremely ugly, so I'm hoping they don't change that aspect of him.  He is NOT a villain that you like.  He is a villain that you absolutely have to be able to loathe.  He's gotta have a physical appearance to match that in my opinion. 

Dave Bautista has, in fact, been confirmed to be playing Beast Rabban, which is a great choice. 

I am really, really, really, really anxious to see who will be playing Duncan Idaho.  Duncan is probably a top 5 favorite character of mine all-time.  If they kill him off in some cheap BS way like the Sci-Fi miniseries did, I will be supremely upset. 

So excited for this movie.  It really is Star Wars for adults, just how Villeneuve described it. 

• 3 weeks later...

According to several reports, Oscar Isaac is officially in talks to join Dune, which is set to be directed by Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 filmmaker Denis Villeneuve. There doesn't appear to be anything that would get in the way of Isaac joining the cast, in terms of his other work commitments. Isaac will play Duke Leto Atreides.

https://movieweb.com/dune-reboot-cast-oscar-isaac-duke-leto-atreides/?fbclid=IwAR3HFCv6FEE5dc-jlMetp2dPgLIKskl4OPEEKFp0KMQ_g5_DC--cPVDSTkg

On 1/30/2019 at 5:49 AM, MikeT14 said:

This is a hell of a cast being put together.

Denis Villeneuve's Dune reboot has cast Javier Bardem. The actor is coming on to portray Stilgar, Fremen Naib of Seitch Tabr.  Bardem is reportedly in the final stages of negotiation at the moment.

https://movieweb.com/dune-remake-cast-javier-bardem/?fbclid=IwAR3MdgY3-9fj_oyy3L1xEDTFAQ-kAmpG57wSDw7Acki58bheI47hyB7nreQ