Dune, (Villeneuve version)

vike daddy

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Brolin is the latest star to join the cast of Denis Villeneuve's Dune, playing Gurney Halleck. It has been rumored that Dune will start filming in Budapest and Jordan starting this spring.

https://movieweb.com/dune-reboot-cast-josh-brolin-gurney-halleck/?fbclid=IwAR0kfdXiPYnLD0rc3dB9mTIen5jp_r1ayBEcC-pti8q9Lo6DVJujYshZjbM

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Legendary is in negotiations for Aquaman star Jason Momoa to join the cast of Denis Villeneuve’s film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s bestselling novel Dune. Momoa will play Duncan Idaho.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jason-momoa-dune-aquaman-frank-herbert-denis-villenueve-1202557876/

That's the first casting I haven't liked.  Really hope "in talks" falls apart. 

• 1 month later...

The man responsible for creating the Dothraki and Valyrian languages in Game of Thrones is officially joining the Dune reboot.

During a recent interview with iO9, expert language builder David Peterson revealed that he’s involved in the Denis Villeneuve‘s reboot of the 1984 science fiction classic, but at this point in time, that’s all he’s at liberty to share.

For those unfamiliar with Frank Herbert’s Dune series, the two main languages are Galach and Chakobsa, although Galach has always been portrayed as English. Chakobsa, on the other hand, is a hunting language spoken by the Fremen of Arrakis. Judging by Peterson’s statement, it would appear he’ll be creating more than one language, which opens the door for both the secret language of Azhar and Islamiyet might be included in the film as well.

https://www.goliath.com/movies/game-of-thrones-language-builder-joins-denis-villeneuves-dune-reboot/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=GO_FBK_ZZ_BOTH&utm_content=boosting&fbclid=IwAR0mOOC2_rpykXVGPKu07CN_IfZ1rIaGG5ew9tEGtX5y-A8_plYHXnJuTkU

• 2 months later...

Legendary has ambitious plans for Dune. Since green-lighting a new feature adaptation of the Frank Herbert novel, the company has announced plans for video games, “digital content packages,” and comic books, and now it is announcing the first confirmed spinoff series. Dune: The Sisterhood is a go and will live on WarnerMedia’s forthcoming streaming service. The feature film’s director, Denis Villeneuve, will helm the pilot with a script from Jon Spaihts, and it will focus on the women of the Bene Gesserit. (The most recognizable member of the collective is the Reverend Mother Mohiam, who will be played by Charlotte Rampling in the new film.)

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/dune-the-sisterhood-series-coming-from-denis-villeneuve.html?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=s1&utm_campaign=vulture&fbclid=IwAR10GzQHB0De1B3SIja2_XTbpL_ZPmXihXZCVjAH61_gv7Ar_oKtw_wTg4c

On 2/16/2019 at 9:50 AM, Outpost31 said:

That's the first casting I haven't liked.  Really hope "in talks" falls apart. 

Not like Idaho has a ton of screen time anyway.

I just want to know who's playing Feyd-Rautha already.

• 5 months later...

Denis Villeneuve's Dune remake sounds like it really is going to be closer to Frank Herbert's source material. Fans have been clamoring for a real adaptation on the big screen and Villeneuve has been hard at work trying to make that happen. Oscar Isaac plays Duke Leto Atreides, father of Paul Atreides (Timothée Chalamet), and husband to Lady Jessica (Rebecca Ferguson). He had this to say about the upcoming movie:

"I couldn't imagine anyone more suited for the tone of the original Frank Herbert novels than Denis. There are some things that are - for lack of a better word - nightmarish about what you see. There's just this kind of brutalist element to it. It's shocking. It's scary. It's very visceral. And I know that definitely between Denis and myself and Chalamet and Rebecca Ferguson as the family unit, we really searched for the emotion of it. I'm beyond myself with excitement. I think it's good to feel cool, unique, and special."

https://movieweb.com/dune-remake-update-oscar-isaac/?fbclid=IwAR1DHnzW3psfITmfWv3wJC8cKXino1qpPyZRocemn9A6wr8u_mwPlSUY1K8

• Like 1

So happy this is finally happening.  It’s definitely got the potential to be a GoT level series, but science fiction not fantasy, and hopefully with a better ending.  Really hope this one is a success because Duncan Idaho is probably a top 5 fictional character all time for me.

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So happy this is finally happening.  It’s definitely got the potential to be a GoT level series, but science fiction not fantasy, and hopefully with a better ending.  Really hope this one is a success because Duncan Idaho is probably a top 5 fictional character all time for me.

Is he a prominent figure after the first book?

actually it was only 3500 years.

EDIT: now i take that back. Idahos appear in all six Dune novels, stretching far in to the future.

EDITED EDIT: i just can't see Jason Momomo Mimosa playing this role, it's too complex for his abilities. vike mommy watches him in Frontier and his performance is somewhere between flat and awful.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

actually it was only 3500 years.

EDIT: now i take that back. Idahos appear in all six Dune novels, stretching far in to the future.

EDITED EDIT: i just can't see Jason Momomo Mimosa playing this role, it's too complex for his abilities. vike mommy watches him in Frontier and his performance is somewhere between flat and awful.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about.  That's why I loved the Sy Fy channel adaptation because when he's cloned, he's got a different appearance.  I really hope they just keep getting different actors for Duncan because that's how I would do it. 

• Like 1