Dune, (Villeneuve version)

vike daddy

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Trailer looks pretty but to a person without prior knowledge of Dune that trailer is a nothing-berger IMO

Agreed.  I know ppl love this book but I don’t know what to make of this trailer.  Tbh the best thing that came out of the old (and terrible) previous movie was Large Professor sampling the soundtrack to make “Mad Scientist.“  LoL

I do like Denis Villeneuve’smovies tho so I’ll prolly give it a look. 

IDK what some of yall are smoking. I know nothing about Dune and the trailer looked awesome. Dennis always goes heavy on the visuals in trailers, he doesnt like to give much away. 

Timothy Chamalamadingdong has really grown on me. I think he may have some Leo to him. Kid has a pretty amazing resume at age 24. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 3

Denis Villeneuve:

"I think that as soon as you say, 'okay, let's make Dune,' you go back home and the first thing you ask is, 'okay, what about the worm?' It's a fantastic central figure of Dune's story, that massive creature that lives in the deep desert, so when we were creating the worm I tried to create a lifeform that you will totally believe can go and survive in this land. So of course it has to have some prehistoric quality to it, because it's living in the most rough environment. It was a lot of dreaming. We took our time with it. I deeply love the worm we came up with. It was important for me to understand that this huge creature has a soul, to understand that it is revered as a god-like figure."

"We talked about every little detail that would make such a beast possible, from the texture of the skin, to the way the mouth opens, to the system to eat its food in the sand. It was a year of work to design and to find the perfect shape that looked prehistoric enough."

https://movieweb.com/dune-2020-sandworm-godlike-soul/?fbclid=IwAR0YN6EO4EjIdZTIyHjzqDu1kftNXQbR_RQ8_SLo_3b-gHTqUoyAPdeJtBU

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:33 PM, Outpost31 said:

I don't feel bad for them because they deserved to have lost more for their horrific DCEU. 

I like their individual movies for the most part. And maybe that’s what they need to continue to do instead of aping Marvel and the MCU.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

IDK what some of yall are smoking. I know nothing about Dune and the trailer looked awesome. Dennis always goes heavy on the visuals in trailers, he doesnt like to give much away. 

Timothy Chamalamadingdong has really grown on me. I think he may have some Leo to him. Kid has a pretty amazing resume at age 24. 

The Pink Floyd song sequence just push it over the edge to awesome for me lol.

The King was an up and down movie, but Chalamet was excellent in it.

He really was teriffic. The movie felt rushed though, but that isnt on him. Would have been an amazing mini-series but I say that about nearly every movie lol. 

The siege scene while very short was one of the more accurate depictions of a medieval siege I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WarnerMedia's recent announcement that they will henceforth be releasing their latest movies on HBO Max at the same time as in theaters has sent shockwaves through Hollywood. Some partners of the industry giant are threatening lawsuits, while others are vowing never to work with Warner again. Denis Villeneuve, who partnered with Warner to make the upcoming movie Dune, only to discover his film will also be going the streaming route, wrote an essay for Variety where he blasted AT&T, Warner's head company, for putting profits above love for cinema.

"I learned in the news that Warner Bros. has decided to release Dune on HBO Max at the same time as our theatrical release, using prominent images from our movie to promote their streaming service. With this decision AT&T has hijacked one of the most respectable and important studios in film history. There is absolutely no love for cinema, nor for the audience here. It is all about the survival of a telecom mammoth, one that is currently bearing an astronomical debt of more than $150 billion. Therefore, even though Dune is about cinema and audiences, AT&T is about its own survival on Wall Street. With HBO Max's launch a failure thus far, AT&T decided to sacrifice Warner Bros.' entire 2021 slate in a desperate attempt to grab the audience's attention."

https://movieweb.com/dune-2021-denis-villeneuve-hbo-max-streaming-reaction/?fbclid=IwAR16NTIix9InGOR8ENqQQxJeGRorLGTokursGRf_-bPeZIlzeg6FuWtUtw0

Directors need to accept the fact that streaming is the future.

They're acting like directors bitching and moaning about sound and color nearly a century ago.

Guess what buttercups, film adapts and evolves.  Adapt and evolve with it or drop your budget by about 97% and make some arthouse crap.  In thirty years nobody is going to be going to theaters.

And really, honestly, do they just think nobody watches movies after their theatrical runs are over or what? 

I've lost a lot of respect for him and Nolan over their petulant whining.