Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

It's better than McCarron? That's the only analysis I can offer.

It's not though. McCarron wouldn't have cost the pick, probably a similar salary, and neither would be the long term starter. Tyrod is not good. I'd rather gamble on McCarron's upside to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

So, if the trade happens now, to further the discussion on GM Dorsey....

Tyrod Taylor has a 18M cap hit - a 10M base salary, a 6M roster bonus bonus, and a 2M signing bonus.  For BUF, they have 4M+ more in signing bonus left over.   So they save 10M now, if they had cut him, they'd have assumed the same hit.   If they had traded him after the year started on March 16th, they'd have taken a 12M+ cap hit.

Here's the kicker - if this deal happens now, though, CLE takes on the roster bonus AND the salary - 16M instead of 10M.

BUF was strongly rumored to be considering trading BUF - so I can't imagine why GM Dorsey would offer to take on the contract before March 16th and take on the 6M salary - and give them a pick with any value.

If people aren't seeing the concern on how GM Dorsey spends $ and builds a team, by overpaying for arguably non-elite talent, I don't know what to tell you.  Ex-GM Sashi Brown is the only reason Dorsey has this wealth of picks and $$$ - and he's going nuts on guys who aren't big difference-maker QB's (remember, he offered 2.1 for Alex Smith), and is willing to pay 14M+ AAV for the best slot WR around - but still a slot guy.    Man.

Listen to this man. The end is near.

People acting like Tyrod Taylor had amazing weapons in buffalo . This is by far the best weapons he will ever have in his career .

Would have I traded for him? no, but that does not mean he isn't the best qb they've ever had.

yes it's sad but true since coming back there qbs suck . I think the only high profile qb I can think of that they've had was Jeff Garcia, the browns easily can be 6-10 next year with Taylor .

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not though. McCarron wouldn't have cost the pick, probably a similar salary, and neither would be the long term starter. Tyrod is not good. I'd rather gamble on McCarron's upside to be honest. 

If not Mccaron I could of saw Bradford going to the browns. I remember when they had interest in him.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

People acting like Tyrod Taylor had amazing weapons in buffalo . This is by far the best weapons he will ever have in his career .

Would have I traded for him? no, but that does not mean he isn't the best qb they've ever had.

yes it's sad but true since coming back there qbs suck . I think the only high profile qb I can think of that they've had was Jeff Garcia, the browns easily can be 6-10 next year with Taylor .

He had the same weapons Goff did this year essentially lol. What do you mean? Watch the man play. He’s innacurate AF, and scared to throw the ball, bad pocket presence. He needs to run the ball and utilize RPO’s that’s when he’s at his best.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He had the same weapons Goff did this year essentially lol. What do you mean? Watch the man play. He’s innacurate AF, and scared to throw the ball, bad pocket presence. He needs to run the ball and utilize RPO’s that’s when he’s at his best.

Who said this was about goff vs Taylor ?.

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

But they could have had McCarron....Bradford.....Keenum.....McCown...

Are any of those guys way better than Taylor?   Maybe not.  Are any of them way worse?   Be honest.    NONE of those guys costs 3.1 pick.  And they all likely are just as expensive as 16M.

This is an AWFUL move by John Dorsey.  He had plenty of time to get a FA bridge QB.   And KEEP 3.1.    Is anyone seriously going to say this was a better idea?    Speak up now, because I have a hard time believing anyone with a pulse says yes.

Archived