Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

sdrawkcab321

Does this guarantee us Darnold? Usually a team likes to bring in a bridge that is similar to the rookie in style.

Mayfield is a carbon copy in size terms... but why sit Mayfield for a year if that's the case. He'd start his first game at 24 if he sat the entire season. Darnold makes more sense because although a completely different size and style of player than Taylor, he has some similar ability out of the pocket and movement based. And he's two plus years younger than Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Love it! He’s started games and is safe and has won some.  Better option than macaron - has way more experience.  5 picks in first 2 rounds.  Love it

Agreed. That's why I have been a Tyrod stan on reddit for a while now. 

McCarron has little experience, an average arm, Tyrod can start for as long as we need him to. He doesn't gamble or give away the ball a ton. We could actually commit to running the dang ball for once. 

Had we waited for McCarron, and he came in and crashed and burned, we're on the hook for him and then we either have to rush a rookie onto the field or let Kizer go in. This way Kizer can be traded or continue to develop, and we will still draft a QB of the future who doesn't need to see the field until he is good and ready. 

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm cool with this. At least we don't have to guess who's starting week 1. I guess we have no 3rd round picks this year now? 

Unless we trade down from 4 or trade future picks to move up. But still have five picks in the first 2 rounds. That's more than most teams still lol

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A 3rd is a very high price for a lower level bridge qb. Not a fan of his. 

Yeah, I don't get this at all. Why not just sign Teddy B or some other similar tier bridge dude?

Archived