Around the AFC North Offseason edition

warfelg

24 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

They traded Kizer for Randell which was a solid move.  If they don't go Chubb or Barkley, then they're making a huge mistake.

Barkley then maybe still a QB with Tyrod being the stop-gap? Jackson in the top of the 2nd would be nice for them. 

It wouldn't shock me to see them trade out of the #1 pick and lose out on Barkley.   If they stay at 1, it's almost certainly gotta be Barkley.

Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd round pick....BIlls made out on that trade.  Jarvis Landry, is a good addition but doesn't really change the fact that other than Josh Gordon their WR's are average at best.

Randall was a good addition defensively. 

They only gave up a '18 4th and '19 7th to get Landry so these trades don't hurt them because of how many picks they already have.  But I have a feeling they're not done dismantling their draft class yet.

Makes too much sense for them to go Barkley #1 and QB #4 with T-Mobile as the stop gap for a few years and then draft an OL like Hernandez, Wynn, Price, Daniels in the 2nd to start to sure up that line.... but that's just me

I am hoping the Browns can turn it around, and be our rival . Tired of the bungles and if the ravens return that is good, but a good bitter rival in the division is good for fans.

Trading for Landry was a move I thought of if Landry was a UFA and thought they should sign him. 

Taylor though, better not be their starter if they want to improve, but if they draft Barkley, it might not matter as much. With the cap space they have, why not get a prove good QB, like cousins for example? I know, the browns of recent time have been unpredictable:/

2 hours ago, August4th said:

would't mind the browns becoming good as long as the Bengals or ravens become trash .. don't want to live in a world where the steelers are in the AFC north basement

if we make the wrong FO and draft decisions, then let the standings prove that. If we get KO'd in the playoffs to bortles, I mean taylor, then maybe the FO will see that D needs help. 

@wwhickok, Landry could be a good signing, but as usual, they still need a qb to throw him the ball.  Wouldn't it be easier for them to sign Cousins and draft Barkley too? Then they would be set at WR, QB and RB and the D is already in place  but could only hold on for so long since the offence wouldn't help.

Browns signed Carlos Hyde.

I'm a little confused by this move because Hyde could easily get a high workload or starting job plenty of places.  Is this a sign they won't take Saquon?  If they don't that's a huge win for the AFCN.  If they do, Hyde may have made the dumbest move of the offseason.

Archived