Around the AFC North Offseason edition

warfelg

16 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

Burfict suspended 4 games for PED Violation. This guy is next level Pain in the Arse, how the Bengals could want to keep him around is mind-numbing to me. 

3rd straight year he isn't available week 1 for the Bengals.

Ryan Jensen is a huge loss for Baltimore's OL.  Does anyone else feel like Baltimore is on their way DOWN in the division?

I feel like Pittsburgh is warming up for some parity, i really do.  Don't take me wrong, our "parity" has always still revolved around success but I'm talking "Pre-Ben" type of parity.  I don't think it'll last long and it's not going to occur for another couple years, but I feel like it's on the verge of occurring.  But I also feel like it's avoidable, it just depends on what happens with our defense imo.  I feel like we're on the fringe of having the most dominant defense in the league once again.

I think we are due some down years(haven't had a losing season since 03?) but I also can see the ravens falling off the tracks ..like now ..just hope our down period last only a few yrs ..finding another good QB will be key ...also the other north teams are not really loaded with young elite talent.. yet... hope the browns fumble all these draft picks again

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think it's fair to say the Steelers are still one of the youngest team's if not the youngest team in the afcn

Browns are definitely younger.

And we dont have much young quality talent.  

10 hours ago, August4th said:

I think we are due some down years(haven't had a losing season since 03?) but I also can see the ravens falling off the tracks ..like now ..just hope our down period last only a few yrs ..finding another good QB will be key ...also the other north teams are not really loaded with young elite talent.. yet... hope the browns fumble all these draft picks again

The Steelers have not drafted in the top 10 since 2000.  Compare that with the Jags who have 10 top 10 picks in the last 10 years.

I doubt you can find another team that can say that.  Of course the FO stinks and does not know anything.

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The Steelers have not drafted in the top 10 since 2000.  Compare that with the Jags who have 10 top 10 picks in the last 10 years.

I doubt you can find another team that can say that.  Of course the FO stinks and does not know anything.

As much as I rag on them the sustained success without being in the top 10 is amazing.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

As much as I rag on them the sustained success without being in the top 10 is amazing.

I agree and I'm not dissing on the FO, really not.  I just feel like they could do a better job with contract structuring but the success is undeniable.  Can't rag on them for that.  Jarvis Jones picks and such though, that's a scouting issue to me, and whether we like it or not, the FO is responsible for that.  Having said that, the occasional failure doesn't erase the success we experience.

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree and I'm not dissing on the FO, really not.  I just feel like they could do a better job with contract structuring but the success is undeniable.  Can't rag on them for that.  Jarvis Jones picks and such though, that's a scouting issue to me, and whether we like it or not, the FO is responsible for that.  Having said that, the occasional failure doesn't erase the success we experience.

Oh 100% agree. The structuring of contracts is my personal biggest pet peeve. Yes they are great at creating space then and there when they need it, but they aren’t great at looking ahead and structuring contracts in a way that they have flexibility in the future. Like they have to do the work because it wasn’t set up great. 

Look at a ton of the Niners Contracts that went out this year. Front loaded, guarantees all in early. That way if you have to cut a guy you aren’t stuck with money owed on the cap. There’s incentives in the contract that locks in more guarantees or salary kickers. 

Something to be on the outlook for: Jets traded up to pick 3. Now it all hinges on the Giants. If they take Barkley we can dodge a bullet. If they don’t Cleveland could get their QB of the future AND Barkley. A really bad situation for us. 

Archived