Tyrod Taylor traded to Browns

soflbillsfan

33 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What scares me about Josh Rosen starting next season is how atrocious our pass protection is. Tyrod was elusive enough to avoid sacks that Rosen won't be able to do 

Our OL needs to be reinforced 

Tyrod also held onto the ball longer than a majority of QBs.

I wouldn't say our pass protection is atrocious... The only game that I can recall were it was terrible was against the Jets on TNF.

Plus going back to power scheme will better fit for our players like Groy and Miller. Two players that were killed by the zone blocking.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

you guys should sign Teddy and draft a QB too.

Although I love Nathan Peterman and secretly hope he's your Franchise QB. :P

Well said! The man did have an historic First Start In An NFL Career!

Image result for Nathan PetermanImage result for Mr. Peterman Seinfeld

11 minutes ago, bzane said:

Well said! The man did have an historic First Start In An NFL Career!

Image result for Nathan PetermanImage result for Mr. Peterman Seinfeld

Man the Bills win never live that down. I mean Peterman didn't even struggle as bad as his stats indicate. Two we're tipped and two he got hit in the head by defender but refs failed to call them. The only one that was really his fault was the last one he threw... And by that time it was just in his head after a couple drops by his recievers and missed penalty calls

22 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Tyrod also held onto the ball longer than a majority of QBs.

I wouldn't say our pass protection is atrocious... The only game that I can recall were it was terrible was against the Jets on TNF.

Plus going back to power scheme will better fit for our players like Groy and Miller. Two players that were killed by the zone blocking.

While I generally agree I fully expect the Bills to make some effort to improve the right side of the line for whoever the decide is their guy. As someone mentioned I think we are definitely going to emulate the Eagles and go all in with draft picks this season and then use our sizeable cap space next season to fill the holes around our franchise guy.

9 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Man the Bills win never live that down. I mean Peterman didn't even struggle as bad as his stats indicate

Here is the famous 5-Interception Fiasco. Peterman at least demonstrated a manly gruff voice; and the Charger uniforms were sexy.

17 minutes ago, bzane said:

Here is the famous 5-Interception Fiasco. Peterman at least demonstrated a manly gruff voice; and the Charger uniforms were sexy.

1st INT Right off of Dimarco hands...

2nd INT the ref missed Joey Bosa hitting Peterman in the head (Shouldn't have stood)

3rd INT he was rocked by defender. Crappy pads protection

4th INT Joey Bosa hit him in the head again. Another missed call. Wasn't as obvious as the 2nd INT but he did graze the face mask (Shouldnt have stood)

5th one was an over throw or a miscommuncation (Nate's fault)

He definitely should have held onto some of those balls but that drop by Patrick and the hit to his head by Joey Bosa really got into the rookies head and it all snow balled.

So yes he threw 5 INTs but if the refs correctly called the game it would have been 3. And if the refs called game correctly and Patrick caught that pass he was wide open for it would have been 2 INTs. Still struggled but the stats were inflated by missed calls and a key drop.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

. Still struggled but the stats were inflated by missed calls and a key drop.

@marshawn lynch- That's what I was trying to show, marshawn. The video evidence bears out your narrative that the 5 interceptions weren't as disastrous a performance by Peterman as the simple numbers would suggest. That is to say- you were right!

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What scares me about Josh Rosen starting next season is how atrocious our pass protection is. Tyrod was elusive enough to avoid sacks that Rosen won't be able to do 

Our OL needs to be reinforced 

Nfl's website and profootballfocus broke down the bills oline and they rated them top 5 in pass protection. Yes the chargers game ducasse and mills were getting owned but chargers have one of the most power dline in the game and that was on the road. I dont see the bills oline being that bad. Plus lets not forget that Cordy Glenn if he stays will start at LT and Dawkins will go back to RT so the only weak link is RG which I firmly believe needs to be addressed as both miller and Ducasse are not the answer. Also the oline coach is no longer there so this may be helpful for those who are currently on the roster. Tyrod held the ball the longest in the league so when he had time to throw he wouldnt make the pass and would try to create something with his legs which is where most of the sacks came from. If for some reason rosen is the guy the bills do take this offseason I do not see him as the sole guy being added this offseason I expect some veteran guy to come in and compete and start week 1 unless rosen wows everyone and surpasses the veteran. If they some how pull it off and land cousins then they can use the 2 of the 6 picks on olineman. Will Hernandez is a guy I can see the bills taking, I believe he is still a 2nd rounder but have been seeing mocks of him moving in to the 1st rd. Billy Price is another guy that could battle it out at Center or play RG. Bills will have plenty of flexibility with the draft and free agency now that they have room to breath and will probably clear up some more cap space by letting some guys go too

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agreed.

I don’t get how they can be asking this price. What are they gonna play hardball just to keep him as a back up this year and then he walks? You can ask for the house but when it comes down to it you take the best offer possible.

He's cheap and Wentz tore both ACL & MCL. You have to wait and see how rehab goes. If it looks like Wentz can play week one, then you can comfortably move him. My best guess is that Foles' value will peak either during the draft when a needy team, like us, realizes they can't get a quality QB at their pick or during the 1st 6 weeks of next season after someone gets hurt. My money is on him being traded during the draft. Frankly, I'd be asking for the world, too, if I was in their shoes!

17 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

the only weak link is RG which I firmly believe needs to be addressed as both miller and Ducasse are not the answer. Also the oline coach is no longer there so this may be helpful for those who are currently on the roster

Castillo is still the OL coach.

And Miller was the Bills best OL in 2016. The zone blocking scheme killed him last year but it is reasonable to think he can return to a solid starter at RG for this season.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Castillo is still the OL coach.

And Miller was the Bills best OL in 2016. The zone blocking scheme killed him last year but it is reasonable to think he can return to a solid starter at RG for this season.

For some reason I thought he left when Dennison left. I am not a big fan of miller he has constantly struggled in 2016 he showed flashes of improvement but struggled in 2015 and 2017. I would like to see the bills move on from both miller and ducasse but the bills are limited with picks and it seems that beane isnt going to be a big spender (according to media) in free agency as he is going to look for compensation picks in 2019. 

On 3/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, Yibbyl said:

He's cheap and Wentz tore both ACL & MCL. You have to wait and see how rehab goes. If it looks like Wentz can play week one, then you can comfortably move him. My best guess is that Foles' value will peak either during the draft when a needy team, like us, realizes they can't get a quality QB at their pick or during the 1st 6 weeks of next season after someone gets hurt. My money is on him being traded during the draft. Frankly, I'd be asking for the world, too, if I was in their shoes!

I think you are rght, but it will be hard for the Eagles to trade him, before they are 100% sure, Wentz is ready to play and i suspect, he will be traded during the season when they are finally satisfied that Wentz is 100%.

His value could actually peak as QB's get injured during he season and they will definitely get minimum of a 1st rounder for him, maybe a bit more!!!

Archived