Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for DeShone Kizer, picks

49erurtaza

22 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Every other team passed on him too. Just like Brady, Wilson and Brees. 

Yeah but this was a personal issue for me, no just hindsight 20/20 nonsense most go on about.

I was REALLY high on him, and hated having Grossman as our QB (as a Gator fanatic, I saw his college games, he was carried by the system and talent around him - his Combine was crap too, wildly inaccurate from everything I read). My favorite two prospects in order were (and still are):

1- David Pollack

2- Aaron Rodgers

Granted, I didn't really get into the whole draft process and everything until around 2000. Until then it was just Gators on Saturday, Bears on Sunday, and Sunday Night football. By the time Rodgers and Pollack came up I was watching them in college and then NFL Network was up and going, etc. Seeing Rodgers go to GB while we drafted a HB at 4 (especially while we had Thomas Jones on the roster) was just infuriating. Football has never pi**ed me off more than that draft day.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yeah but this was a personal issue for me, no just hindsight 20/20 nonsense most go on about.

I was REALLY high on him, and hated having Grossman as our QB (as a Gator fanatic, I saw his college games, he was carried by the system and talent around him - his Combine was crap too, wildly inaccurate from everything I read). My favorite two prospects in order were (and still are):

1- David Pollack

2- Aaron Rodgers

Granted, I didn't really get into the whole draft process and everything until around 2000. Until then it was just Gators on Saturday, Bears on Sunday, and Sunday Night football. By the time Rodgers and Pollack came up I was watching them in college and then NFL Network was up and going, etc. Seeing Rodgers go to GB while we drafted a HB at 4 (especially while we had Thomas Jones on the roster) was just infuriating. Football has never pi**ed me off more than that draft day.

That makes sense then. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine when people look at the draft in hindsight and then criticize X team for it. However, if you were really high on the player at the time and were upset about it(like you here) then that's a different story. I can't say one or the other because I honestly had no interest in checking for Rodgers or watching him at all. He just came off as another QB that wasn't worth it at the time. Man was I wrong.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

That makes sense then. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine when people look at the draft in hindsight and then criticize X team for it. However, if you were really high on the player at the time and were upset about it(like you here) then that's a different story. I can't say one or the other because I honestly had no interest in checking for Rodgers or watching him at all. He just came off as another QB that wasn't worth it at the time. Man was I wrong.

Amen.

I have a mock draft I do real time with some great picks and with some REALLY bad ones. Rodgers was a guy that wasn't like Grossman at all to me. Grossman was erratic, looking like Tebow  as far as accuracy went. He would make receivers work way too damn hard even without pressure.  Rogers just seemed to hit people in the numbers, throw low to protect the WRs on short downs over the middle, avoid sacks and still make progressions, just accurate everywhere with medocre talent etc. Hell the only thing I had as a "con" was the stupid dropback he had to do on some plays. Literally would turn and drop back with his LEFT shoulder back when the first reads were quick ones on the left. Tell me this doesn't look stupid   lol

Go to 2:35 to see it. They did it with some regularity and I HATED it.

@Sugashane Haha. Nice.

I seen that game but YEARS later of course. When Goff was in high school and had not yet decided which school he was going to, almost everyone thought Cal but wasn't for sure of course and this reminded everyone of Rodgers. So when Goff did decide to choose Cal....again, everyone was talking about the Rodgers comparison and after Cal played USC, the video you posted was the very first game I went back and watched to get a real comparison between the two against a familiar team just to see how they stacked up to one another.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lmao ok bro, Re-watch the Colts game, Louis had 6 drops alone. Plus Ill find you the stat I saw and provide you the info. There were way more drops than that and any Browns fan can attest to that. And once again you are wrong, I have no dog in the fight anymore, Kizer isn't my favorite QB. I just provided Packers fans with an unbiased/down the middle assessment of him without any snark.

So i remember the radio guys talking about the Bears being drop leaders and how it wasnt close.  So i decided to look into it.  Officially the Falcons were drop leaders with 30 as a team (both browns and bears had 21) however, it looks lime unofficially every team felt like their team led the league in drops and it wasnt close. Apparently everybody has some other number that doesnt match with the official # and makes their guys look bad.  I think this is a perfect reaaon why we need to stick with the official number.

Archived