I’m Sick

brownie man

Just a skins fan here, want to say today reminds me of Snyder's deep pockets back in 99. Hope it works out better for you guys than it did us. With all this today and knowing you have pick 1 and 4 this year it has to be a fun time to be a Brown's fan. If I were you guys I would take Barkley and Quinton Nelson now

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

I am not a Browns fan but I completely agree with the OP.

Why would anyone give up on an early second round pick with high potential after only one season???

We did receive a CB in the trade who was a 2015 1st round pick and will likely start for us in 2018.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I know your right right and this is what’s best for him

but there is a reason GB traded for him. Kizer can be really good and I think he is going to be really good 

He probably won't. There is a chance but it's a small chance.

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

He was rookie on a team that went 0-16.  Not exactly a recipe for success.

With all the turnover at QB in the last 20 years, I dont understand why the Browns didn't go #1 at QB and keep kizer.

You must not have watched Kizer much. He was terrible and 95% of the reason we went 0-16. Yes he was a rookie and we didn't have much around him. But that dude was so horribly unclutch in the red zone and on big drives it crippled our morale and our chances to win tight games. And given the fact that we're bad, every game was either tightly contested or us getting murdered.

I get the argument that we traded away a good project at QB, but he's not going to have a chance here. We have Tyrod Taylor entrenched as the starter and are about to bring in the best QB in a deep QB class. Kizer was going to be the #3 QB here and not have much of a shot to pull himself out of the hole his play dug himself into.

I was all about keeping Kizer, but if we could move him for a starter at FS/CB, I'm all for it. Randall is about 100x the player that Kizer is right now. Kizer might end up being good down the line, but: a. I doubt it  &  b. he wouldn't have gotten a shot here.

We don't go 0-16 with literally ANY of the other starting QB's we've had since '99. Kizer was the worst one we've had but gets a little bit of a reprieve because of his youth and potential.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Newsflash: He was one of the main reasons for that record. Historically bad rookie season. Absolutely awful.

Ah...this argument again. I guess if you draft a QB in the 2nd round and he sucks, you should hang onto him automatically. Those poor Jets with Hackenburg.

Because they are going to go QB at #1 and just UPGRADED THE POSITION BY ACQUIRING TYROD TAYLOR WHO IS MUCH BETTER.

So you're going to give up on him after his rookie season?  Jared Goff also had a terrible rookie season on a clearly superior offense.

If kizer played as poorly next season as he did this one, then release him.  I dont know what the rush is.

You could have traded for Taylor, drafted the best QB, and still keep Kizer.   Worst case scenario Kizer sits on the bench.  

56 minutes ago, DR43 said:

So you're going to give up on him after his rookie season?  Jared Goff also had a terrible rookie season on a clearly superior offense.

If kizer played as poorly next season as he did this one, then release him.  I dont know what the rush is.

You could have traded for Taylor, drafted the best QB, and still keep Kizer.   Worst case scenario Kizer sits on the bench.  

The difference is that kizer wasn't the #1 overall pick. He has severe accuracy issues, the same issues he has had even before he went to ND I would imagine. They aren't easily correctable flaws either, especially when you have shaky confidence. 

You did better than holding him a year on the bench and cutting him if he played poorly, you flipped him for a defender who will probably start for you.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

Because Jared Goff was the 1st pick and an exceptional QB prospect. DeShone Kizer was the 52nd pick and not an exceptional QB prospect. We also have the 1st pick this year to spend on an exceptional QB prospect. And we were able to get compensation for Kizer, in the form of a first round corner who has been a fairly good player.

13 hours ago, DR43 said:

I am not a Browns fan but I completely agree with the OP.

Why would anyone give up on an early second round pick with high potential after only one season???

I know Kizer underperformed as a rookie but he was just that: A Rookie!

We have seen many, many QBs over the years perform poorly as a rookie just to then have a spectacular second season.  Donovan McNabb being a solid example.

If you didn't watch him play all his games last year, there's likely some context you are missing. Keep in mind, I still think Kizer has a future as a top end backup/low end starter, and really like  him as a kid. The fact is, not only were his numbers bad, but they don't tell on the surface how bad. I'd wager half of his interceptions were either in the red zone (often when we still had downs left if he would have just thrown it away or checked down) or in key moments. The bright lights and pressure were clearly way to big for him. It was traumatic for him, I'm sure, but that plethora of WTF moments also burned itself into not only his consciousness and confidence, but that of all of us fans and his team mates. A fresh start with no pressure behind Rogers is the perfect situation for the kid, and I wish him the best and a long future in the league. But giving him, and our team a fresh start (while getting a former first rounder at a position of need) is a win-win trade for both teams. Now we can go get (please, please) Darold.

I know Kizer underperformed as a rookie but he was just that: A Rookie!

High potential in what? Being the master of throwing interceptions in the red zone?

There's a difference between normal rookie growing pains and just being straight up bad. Kizer showed nothing that would give Cleveland any hope he'd be the guy.

Archived