OBJ videotaped smoking weed

Broncofan

First point - I don't really care if a player smokes weed by itself - it's a dumb policy, doesn't affect performance - but it's part of the CBA, and as you get 4 violations/missed tests before you get suspended, it matters to your football career.   With the new drug policy from 2015, an arrest or public confirmation of drug use can be counted as a strike.   I'm guessing this will be counted as one.  O.o

Second point - again, if OBJ hasn't tested positive before, this only puts him in the program.  You don't even lose a game cheque (1 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd IIRC).   

Third point - as long as you stay clean for 90 days of tests, you then leave the program.   So this isn't a season-long or permanent thing.

Final point - dude, you have go to start making better life choices about who you hang out with, to avoid getting into situations that can threaten your playing time.   Get a bodyguard, whatever.   SMH.

Awful timing before he wants to get paid as the top WR.

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Meh. Ig model is just code for thot anyways. Don't care what he does in the off-season

I don't either, except if it counts as a positive test.   Which under the new policy, it could.   I think the policy on weed is dumb...but that's probably getting into territory Webby doesn't like, so I'll leave it at that.   If it counts as a positive test, then it matters, though.

4 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

how does weed testing even work in the NFL? do they get randomly tested? i thought they only got tested "in-season" tbh.. 

If you aren't in the program, you get tested once a year - and you know it's somewhere between late April - early June.   After that, no testing.

But, if you are in the program....you have to stay in it for 90 days, can get tested anytime.   You test positive again, you stay in it longer.  You stay clean, you are out of the program after 90 days.   If you get to 4 violations, then you stay in the program for a lot longer.

You only lose game cheques on the 2nd violation, and only get suspended after the 4th.   So being out of the program, you only need to stay clean for a short window.  It's also why a lot of guys get caught now in legal cases - because they know they can smoke weed without being tested if they aren't in the program - and again, you are clean for 90 days, you are out, unless you get to suspension stage (Reuben Foster being the last guy).

Best link below:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/11/03/nfl-substance-abuse-policy-a-41-page-road-map-to-a-four-game-suspension/?utm_term=.db81393b7f13

Just now, MathMan said:

He could just say its tobacco

That's probably his best route.   The model snorting cocaine won't help - it's circumstantial evidence...but let's face it, the NFL weighs that kind of stuff.  It's not a court of law.

Archived