OBJ videotaped smoking weed

Broncofan

19 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t care if a person chooses to smoke weed or not, but it’s still poor judgment when there are specific rules in place in the NFL. Regardless of a person’s opinion on the issue, the league has established a rule that it’s against their drug policy, and that must be followed by those who choose to play in the NFL, pure and simple. Our collective opinions on the issue are meaningless compared to the rules that players and personnel are required to follow.

If the players want to get rid of that rule (which they should), then it needs to be addressed when the CBA is up for renewal. And, hopefully, we’ll never have to worry about that issue ever again.

However, cocaine was also in the room...

TBF, it takes multiple strikes to garner a suspension. There's absolutely no reason a player should worry about smoking weed in a legal state/country until they have used up all their free strikes.

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A story like this about a person who did or did not smoke weed garners 2800 views + 100 replies. 

Meanwhile, stories like this one below get 400 views + 14 replies.

This only highlights just how melodramatic some people are. Shame.

Or it's because some backup running back saving a guys life isn't going to effect anything to do with the NFL vs a top WR getting taped doing drugs.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:42 PM, lancerman said:

Would you like to make the argument against it, or are you just going to say the logic is stupid. WR is a highly overrated position when you talk about paying a preemium for elites. An elite QB will make most average WR's look very good. If you don't have an elite QB, an elite WR won't make him look close to elite. The closest thing to an elite WR on a consistently successful team is Jordy Nelson and his team can still make the playoffs without him.

It's a luxury position, in 4-5 years we'll all be on here talking about how the Giants are stuck with OBJ's stupid contract and how it's a burden on the team and he's not worth it.

I know AB is HOF tier but I would still count him in the "elite" category for your purposes here.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

I know AB is HOF tier but I would still count him in the "elite" category for your purposes here.

Oh.... my bad. Haha. He’s elite. I guess the Steelers skipped my mind when thinking of competitive teams lol. 

Archived