OBJ videotaped smoking weed

Broncofan

25 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

OBJ smoking, girl doing coke, OBJ urging the girl to have sexual relations with someone else.  That's what the video shows.  The NFL (cough*Goodell*cough) has suspended for less...

"OBJ in drug house filled with substances aggressively pressuring women to commit sex acts for his pleasure"

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

OBJ smoking, girl doing coke, OBJ urging the girl to have sexual relations with someone else.  That's what the video shows.  The NFL (cough*Goodell*cough) has suspended for less...

The most impressive part is all that is going on, the video is like 7 seconds long. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The most impressive part is all that is going on, the video is like 7 seconds long. 

Still longer than Jimmy Gs sample size. 

I think he’s being drug tested now and the video might be old like a couple months. He could say it was Satire and what not. I think he walks clean but man! You hope the dude isn’t this dumb or his days in NY might be over 

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

"OBJ in drug house filled with substances aggressively pressuring women to commit unwanted sex acts for his pleasure"

FIFY.

But yeah, a borderline rapey drug-filled exchange, his *** is grass as far as Emperor Goodell is concerned. 

7 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Keep the comments to football and OBJ.  Will he be suspended?  Will this hurt his contact negotiations?  How will the Giants replace him?   

Not sure what, if any, suspension would be involved; rather, I think the timing of this revelation is interesting, not to say suspicious, with his contract negotiations coming up- and his past incidents. The Giants have an added card to play in their discussions with him, in light of his disappointing 2017 season, and his other notorieties. It could be that they make some of his contract contingent upon continued professional behavior, beyond the normal good-conduct clause. I will not suggest that this video was contrived by the team, or the league, to help straighten Odell out, or as a bargaining chip- but the timing certainly could be called unfortunate for him, with his impending negotiations. It is remindful of the Laremy Tunsil episode, pre-draft.

Replacing Odell would of course be disastrous for the Giants, as was proven last year, when they were reduced to playing practice-squad players and street free-agents when he was out with his injury. Should there be a suspension, they would almost certainly have to acquire some sort of proven-NFL WR not currently on the team, to augment Sterling Sheppard and Evan Engram. Have to figure that Dave Gettleman and Pat Shurmur don't want to start out their first season in New York repeating the Odell-less fiasco of 2017.

Everybody's gonna keep on defending him saying it's just this, it's just that, it was just this time, it was just that time. 

It's not about one thing or another in most of the cases.  It's the fact that every damn week it's something with him.  Don't think the Giants are thinking, "Oh, it was just some pot?  No big deal." 

Listing all his problems would look like the side effects scroll at the bottom of an depression medication commercial. 

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

No need. I expect Mr. Mara will take of the situation and give OBJ a stern talking

6 hours ago, KellChippy said:

I highly doubt he would be suspended for this alone. I can’t recall him failing a drug test in the past.

If he plays like his usual self this year, this will be forgotten.

The league wouldnt be allowed to just test him for this anyways right? Doesnt it have to be completely random?

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

Still longer than Jimmy Gs sample size. 

I think he’s being drug tested now and the video might be old like a couple months. He could say it was Satire and what not. I think he walks clean but man! You hope the dude isn’t this dumb or his days in NY might be over 

ZING! Lol that was pretty good. It won't hurt him in contract negotiations because some teams dont care but idk if he cares about being in NY now that his QB situation has turned down

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The league wouldnt be allowed to just test him for this anyways right? Doesnt it have to be completely random?

The league has broadened what falls under a weed related strike to a confirmed event - Tunsil’s infamous video for example.   It doesn’t have to be a conviction, the NFL does its own “investigation”.  But it can only be counted as one strike.   But a strike of any sort gets him in the program for 90 days minimum.  

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The league has broadened what falls under a weed related strike to a confirmed event - Tunsil’s infamous video for example.   It doesn’t have to be a conviction, the NFL does its own “investigation”.  But it can only be counted as one strike.   But a strike of any sort gets him in the program for 90 days minimum.  

Did Tunsil have anything done to him for that video?

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did Tunsil have anything done to him for that video?

The drug policy says no one except the player gets notified.  IIRC not even the team gets notified if it’s the first event - only with a suspension.    So no way we would know.  It’s why we never hear about issues unless there’s an arrest (which only counts as 1 strike) or a suspension (which only happens after 4 strikes).  

Here’s a link that confirms above - https://si.com/nfl/2016/07/11/nfl-drug-policy-substance-abuse-suspensions-tests

Archived