OBJ videotaped smoking weed

Broncofan

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I cant find the numbers right now, but since 2014, the Giants average something like 6.5 points more a game with OBJ compared to without. One player is worth about a touchdown every game. Pay the man. 

They went 6-10 twice and had an 11-5 season. He missed his entire 4th season. And that third season the difference was the defense being significantly better. That was a three year stretch. The 3 years before that the Giants won the Super Bowl and had back to back 9-7 seasons and a 7-9 season. So the 3 years without him they were 25-23 and the three years with him they were 23-25. So they were on average slightly worse off since they got him. 

Also the one winning season he had with them was thus far his worst year in TD’s, yards per game, and yards per average. So I wouldn’t exactly say he was the difference there. 

WR’s just don’t make enough of a difference to justify the cost. 

8 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Why would someone tape him doing this and release it? What kind of trifilin *** does something like that? Mind your damn business.

I bet you anything they tried to shake homie down first. And when he wouldn't pay up, they went to TMZ or something. Because TMZ will buy anything.

Anyone know where this was filmed? What state, I mean?

No clue. Some have said Europe. Although this may have been some time back.

9 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Why would someone tape him doing this and release it? What kind of trifilin *** does something like that? Mind your damn business.

I bet you anything they tried to shake homie down first. And when he wouldn't pay up, they went to TMZ or something. Because TMZ will buy anything.

Anyone know where this was filmed? What state, I mean?

Are you really trying to blame the person who recorded it, instead of Beckham himself for making a bad decision? Come on now. Beckham is a grown man that was on a Nike sponsored trip as far as I understand and he decides to do that? He gets what’s coming to him. 

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

To be fair, it doesn’t matter where that was taped. Poor choices and bad behavior are rooted with the individual, not the location. Jn this case, this is the second incident where OBJ has been caught either on video or in a picture where drugs are involved. 

I don’t consider smoking weed (if he was, that could have been a regular old black n mild) a poor choice if it is legal. I don’t know why the NFL would care either. If it is the offseason and he is doing it in a setting where it is legal, good for him.

Its weed. We aren’t going to rid ourselves of the stigma if we keep allowing people to stigmatize it like this.

5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Are you really trying to blame the person who recorded it, instead of Beckham himself for making a bad decision? Come on now. Beckham is a grown man that was on a Nike sponsored trip as far as I understand and he decides to do that? He gets what’s coming to him. 

He decides to do what? Smoke weed? Nike is based in Oregon. Weed is legal in Oregon. He is smoking. Not doing lines or shooting heroin. 

I will blame OBJ for not being a Better manager of his own PR and public image. And for  trusting people he clearly shouldn’t have trusted.

But, at the same time, I am certainly not going to excuse the person recording. Whoever did it was clearly considered close enough to be allowed into an intimate setting to hang out and film. Whoever did it clearly betrayed that trust. And they did it to make a buck. Whoever did this is reprehensible and that is why I am fussing about it more than about him smoking some weed. 

4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Of the two actions, I have a much tougher time excusing the person who recorded the scene and tried to make a buck off of it than I am the person who smoked some weed in the off-season.

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

To be fair, it doesn’t matter where that was taped. Poor choices and bad behavior are rooted with the individual, not the location. Jn this case, this is the second incident where OBJ has been caught either on video or in a picture where drugs are involved. 

Poor choice, yeah because it’s against the NFL rules to smoke weed. But the videotape is not something you can control unless you do a Derek Jeter. It’s not bad behaviour. Poor judgement in that he did something, allegedly, against the rules which against the rules because of ignorance and a stigma. But the videotaping is not on him I’m sorry. It’s a private setting and somebody recorded him, that’s unfortunately the society we live in now.

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Poor choice, yeah because it’s against the NFL rules to smoke weed. But the videotape is not something you can control unless you do a Derek Jeter. It’s not bad behaviour. Poor judgement in that he did something, allegedly, against the rules which against the rules because of ignorance and a stigma. But the videotaping is not on him I’m sorry. It’s a private setting and somebody recorded him, that’s unfortunately the society we live in now.

Choose the people you spend time with wisely. It’s sad but when you bring shady people in your life and make yourself vulnerable like that, you kind of get what is coming. 

9 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

I don’t consider smoking weed (if he was, that could have been a regular old black n mild) a poor choice if it is legal. I don’t know why the NFL would care either. If it is the offseason and he is doing it in a setting where it is legal, good for him.

Its weed. We aren’t going to rid ourselves of the stigma if we keep allowing people to stigmatize it like this.

I don’t care if a person chooses to smoke weed or not, but it’s still poor judgment when there are specific rules in place in the NFL. Regardless of a person’s opinion on the issue, the league has established a rule that it’s against their drug policy, and that must be followed by those who choose to play in the NFL, pure and simple. Our collective opinions on the issue are meaningless compared to the rules that players and personnel are required to follow.

If the players want to get rid of that rule (which they should), then it needs to be addressed when the CBA is up for renewal. And, hopefully, we’ll never have to worry about that issue ever again.

However, cocaine was also in the room...

A story like this about a person who did or did not smoke weed garners 2800 views + 100 replies. 

Meanwhile, stories like this one below get 400 views + 14 replies.

This only highlights just how melodramatic some people are. Shame.

15 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Agree or disagree, it’s a rule that everyone’s aware of. Breaking a rule that everybody knows about in the midst of contract negotiations is a dumb move. Doesn’t matter if the rule is justified or not - doing something that explicitly breaks the policy of the company that employs you, is a poor choice. 

He’s not helping his negotiating stance.

Archived