The big day of trades

hornbybrown

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Vita Vea and Shelton are essentially the same guys. Not interested. Rather have Hurst. Nandi, or Hill later on 

Eh, there's some similarities in that there both huge Samoan dudes who went to Washington and are great at stuffing the run, but Vea is more athletic and seems better at getting into the backfield than Sheldon was coming out of college. I doubt we draft him, but if we trade down then it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Eh, there's some similarities in that there both huge Samoan dudes who went to Washington and are great at stuffing the run, but Vea is more athletic and seems better at getting into the backfield than Sheldon was coming out of college. I doubt we draft him, but if we trade down then it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

We said the same things about Shelton when he was drafted. He wa s’more athletic then given credit for blah blah. They’re run stuffers. That’s it. I’m not impressed at all. Would not be surprised at a late round guy or a possible trade for a DT

Vea is a bit overrated in my opinion. Plays high. I'd be disappointed to see us ship out Shelton for peanuts and then spend a first round pick on his groomsman. Whilst offering a bit more athleticism and pass rush, it still wouldn't make the whole process worthwhile.

57 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Vea is a bit overrated in my opinion. Plays high. I'd be disappointed to see us ship out Shelton for peanuts and then spend a first round pick on his groomsman. Whilst offering a bit more athleticism and pass rush, it still wouldn't make the whole process worthwhile.

Agreed 

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Read a description of him as a more athletic Ngata.

That is not Shelton and if it accurately describes Vea, I would have no problem taking him after a trade down.

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

vea is a hell of a lot quicker than Shelton at 5.10. 

at a medium weight DS ran 5.65. 

Vea is pocket passer speed which is pretty good really for someone who weights 350 pounds. 

He may be faster but he’s honestly not Ngata imo. He plays high and can get controlled quite easily because of it. He wins with his freak power/athletic mix but in the pros that rawness will be handed much easier unless he really improves his technique.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/vita-vea?id=2559810

Funnily enough nfl.com has his comp as Shelton haha. That would be classic Browns.

I still think you need to address the secondary some more and I think thats where Fitzpatrick fits. Between Gregg Williams last year hating our DBs and Dorsey already trading for Randall I think we could still be in for some more starters back there. A whole makeover if you will. I think Trumain Johnson/Mincah Fitzpatrick are in the crosshairs.

17 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He may be faster but he’s honestly not Ngata imo. He plays high and can get controlled quite easily because of it. He wins with his freak power/athletic mix but in the pros that rawness will be handed much easier unless he really improves his technique.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/vita-vea?id=2559810

Funnily enough nfl.com has his comp as Shelton haha. That would be classic Browns.

He is more athletic than Shelton objectively. 

I think Williams wants someone 30 pounds lighter though. 

Def draft 2 qbs. I have said that for years. 

I also say if not 2, then sign Mccown as 3rd string , qb coach,  mentor. Draft 1 overall stud, start TT until ready. 

Can learn from Mccown and TT. Have a chance at professionalism. 

Love the Landry trade. Was hoping to get him, he’s perfect for a rookie QB. Boom

Meh with the Taylor trade. Too much to give up, but he is at least established and we ain’t seen that in awhile. Really good back up type guy. Would not be surprised to see any of these rookie QBs beat him out in camp unless management mandates they don’t start. 

Ugg on the Shelton trade. We got bamboozled. Fleeced if you will. I don’t care if he’s not a fit, which I disagree with. I do have high hopes for Oganjobi, but still bad trade. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ugg on the Shelton trade. We got bamboozled. Fleeced if you will. I don’t care if he’s not a fit, which I disagree with. I do have high hopes for Oganjobi, but still bad trade. 

Maybe it was to mend fences with/curry the favor of Hoodie?

Archived