Danny Shelton to New England. Pick swap?

miserablesince96

2 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Yeah, not a fan of this one. Though, if he did request a trade, then I get it.

Yeah it sounds like he was disgruntled a bit. Got a 2019 3rd for him.  Better to cut our losses and get a pick for a player weren't going to get anything for after this year.

I agree, rather cut our losses and get the pick now instead of waiting.

Browns get a comp pick sooner, they get a chance to address the position sooner rather than later, and it allows the team to work on developing the talent a year early.

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Interesting all these trades happened right before season tickets went on sale ???

I would guess it was more of a strategic planning by Ticket Sales to have them go on sale in this time frame because they knew buzz would be around free agency time.

31 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Yeah, not a fan of this one. Though, if he did request a trade, then I get it.

Hey, I requested that my first wife not be such a witch when we were married.  I didn't get that, and had to play out MY contract before I went into "free agency."  :) 

Dorsey playing more madden in his basement, just seeing what fun trades the CPU might accept.

Not great value. We can do without trading a this year’s 5th to get rid of him. Very odd. We need our nerds to start keeping our GM in check.

For once we had a good run defense we get rid of the main cog of that.

Shelton wasnt a flashy player but damn hes worth more than the difference between a high 5th and a low 4th (3rd next year is a 4th this year value wise if im not mistaken). 

I like Ojunjobi but its different being a disruptive player in limited snaps vs all game when you are a starter. Brantley didnt impress me to trade away a starter. Coley is a rotational player. 

Plus why the eff do we give NE a good player when they wouldnt even let us have a chance at bidding for Jimmy G.

This trade is horrible IMO.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Dorsey playing more madden in his basement, just seeing what fun trades the CPU might accept.

Not great value. We can do without trading a this year’s 5th to get rid of him. Very odd. We need our nerds to start keeping our GM in check.

Yeah I'm not sure why we had to send that midround pick this year back to them. Maybe that was enough to entice the Pats since Shelton's contract is almost up.

Just now, ohiogenius said:

For once we had a good run defense we get rid of the main cog of that.

Shelton wasnt a flashy player but damn hes worth more than the difference between a high 5th and a low 4th (3rd next year is a 4th this year value wise if im not mistaken). 

I like Ojunjobi but its different being a disruptive player in limited snaps vs all game when you are a starter. Brantley didnt impress me to trade away a starter. Coley is a rotational player. 

Plus why the eff do we give NE a good player when they wouldnt even let us have a chance at bidding for Jimmy G.

This trade is horrible IMO.

As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of this trade, but Shelton absolutely does not play all game. I'm not even sure if he plays 50% of the snaps.

Archived