Would you trade Bell to Browns for #4?

Magnus-Viktor

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If you traded Bell and a 2nd rounder to get a top 5 pick and drafted a QB, you may as well trade Ben too, because its clear you are more concerned about winning AFTER Ben than you are winning WITH him.

Has Bell's contract status changed your viewpoint on drafting a RB "early" this year? If not, is it because (A) You think they will get a deal done or (B) You don't think there is a RB worthy of an early pick this year or (C) The difference between RBs early and ones later is negligible or (D) The RB position isn't that important anymore no matter who the prospect is. Or something else? Just curious.

40 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Has Bell's contract status changed your viewpoint on drafting a RB "early" this year? If not, is it because (A) You think they will get a deal done or (B) You don't think there is a RB worthy of an early pick this year or (C) The difference between RBs early and ones later is negligible or (D) The RB position isn't that important anymore no matter who the prospect is. Or something else? Just curious.

Depends what you mean by "early"?   Barkley is the only RB id draft in the first and we arent sniffing him. 

Beyond that, it also depends on the front office's mindset.    I mean, lets paint a picture here.....say we draft a RB in the 2nd round.....the writing will be on the wall for Bell.   Do you think he would actually play hard for us?     He would pretty much know that we drafted a RB to take leverage out of his hands, so why would he bust his *** for a team thats just looking to ride him hard for another year and then let him walk?     

If the Steelers want to draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd....so be it, but they damn well better be looking to trade Bell, because the FO is full of idiots if they draft a RB early PLUS keep Bell this year.   I honestly see no benefit to that approach.   They need to either....

a) Sign him long term before the draft

or

b) If by the week of the draft they arent any closer to a deal, look to trading him, and have a clearer idea of what your needs our going forward.

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Depends what you mean by "early"?   Barkley is the only RB id draft in the first and we arent sniffing him. 

Beyond that, it also depends on the front office's mindset.    I mean, lets paint a picture here.....say we draft a RB in the 2nd round.....the writing will be on the wall for Bell.   Do you think he would actually play hard for us?     He would pretty much know that we drafted a RB to take leverage out of his hands, so why would he bust his *** for a team thats just looking to ride him hard for another year and then let him walk?     

If the Steelers want to draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd....so be it, but they damn well better be looking to trade Bell, because the FO is full of idiots if they draft a RB early PLUS keep Bell this year.   I honestly see no benefit to that approach.   They need to either....

a) Sign him long term before the draft

or

b) If by the week of the draft they arent any closer to a deal, look to trading him, and have a clearer idea of what your needs our going forward.

That makes sense. I hadn't thought of the affect on Bell if a RB was drafted early. Obviously the FO knows how close they are to a deal but from what I can tell I would approach it as if Bell won't be resigned. I'd be looking at 2nd and 3rd Rd RBs because even if we don't draft a RB I'm not sure how much effort we're gonna get out of Bell playing under the tag and his pending FA. So you just have to factor in which is better? Bell playing under the tag and looking to become a FA. Or drafting a young guy "early" and have an unhappy Bell for a year. Best scenario (barring a reasonable deal being agreed to) is get a Sony Michel, a Rashaad Penny or a John Kelly etc...and trade Bell and add to that Defense. 

Yes! As fast as you can blink. But you don't trade a proven RB and draft a running back whom is unproven and not fill glaring needs! That's ludicrous... You take Minkah Fitzpatrick and draft a RB with the 2nd rounder. Guice or the kid from Auburn(Bell clone) will be around hopefully...

Archived