Muhammad Wilkerson visiting the redskins

Dashing202

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports free agent Muhammad Wilkerson will visit the Redskins after the Chiefs.

Wilkerson is making the rounds, which means he isn't receiving great offers, or at least what he was hoping for. Washington will be Wilkerson's fourth visit, while La Canfora reports "several" other teams hope for an audience. 
Related: ChiefsRedskins

Mar 10 - 2:12 PM

It's almost free agency so I thought making a solo thread be nice . Wilkerson was once the best 3-4 DE in the NFL until he got his big contract . Since than he's missed meeting and got benched during his time with the jets , not from his play but his lack of attendance of the game meetings .

Hes still young and the redskins defensive line been getting better . How ever the addition of Wilkerson would help solidied the RE position .

Thoughts ? 

I'd like to know just how good his run defense really is, and how much guaranteed cash he's looking for. Also want to know what the plan is for the current DL, and how many DL would be expected to stay on the 53 man roster.

McGee and McClain have some painful contracts. It's nearly as if Washington is stuck with keeping them on the roster for another year. 

Allen --------------- obvious keep

Ioannidis -------- near certain keep

Lanier ------------- near certain keep

then there is McGee and McClain... and no legit NT, right? .. ugh. 

is the thinking here that Wilkerson would be expected to be that legit NT? 

When the team lives in the Nickel 70% of the time, what did or would the front 4 look like? 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'd like to know just how good his run defense really is, and how much guaranteed cash he's looking for. Also want to know what the plan is for the current DL, and how many DL would be expected to stay on the 53 man roster.

McGee and McClain have some painful contracts. It's nearly as if Washington is stuck with keeping them on the roster for another year. 

When the team lives in the Nickel 70% of the time, what did or would the front 4 look like? 

I don't think we sign him. I see the packers signing him. 

54 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

We could designate McClain (most likely) and/or McGee post June 1st cuts and move on from them relatively easily.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wilkerson would be a good get for this defense. Bruce ain't offering anything more than a one-year deal though so he won't be signing here. 

Idk he’s got a bad rep.  If we give him something like we gave Pryor, 1 year but like 7-8 Mil I could see him doing that.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Idk he’s got a bad rep.  If we give him something like we gave Pryor, 1 year but like 7-8 Mil I could see him doing that.  

He does but he's an elite player when he wants to be. Maybe he just didn't want to be a Jet anymore? 

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wilkerson would be a good get for this defense. Bruce ain't offering anything more than a one-year deal though so he won't be signing here. 

I think Wilkerson isn't about money ATM . Dude paid enough, I think it's about him now showing people he still has it .

If that's the case I'm interested in a motivated Wilkerson who made the probowl in 2015.

TK

Keep an on Mo. Hhis agents are based in the area . He spends a lot of time in the area in the offseason & he said a couple years ago he would love to play for the Redskins. 

Take it for what it's worth . If that's the case than we really do have a chance to sign him. He fits the scheme well and he's 28 years old.

Archived