Muhammad Wilkerson visiting the redskins

Dashing202

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because of Tomsula and what he could mean to Wilkersons next contract. 

Players don’t join the redskins to improve their reputation, they come here to get paid.   Seriously who’s a short term guy that’s signed with us who went on to a better deal?

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Players don’t join the redskins to improve their reputation, they come here to get paid.   Seriously who’s a short term guy that’s signed with us who went on to a better deal?

Zack Brown is probably about to lol. But that was a tough question lol

19 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

“Our market research indicates that Wilkinson appeals to the recently released Lorton crowd which represents a new marketing segment we can attract” Tony Wylie 

+1

Dan to Bruce:

”Can he sell Jerseys”

”I believe so Mr Snyder”

”Make it so #1”

cue the TNG meme 

On 3/10/2018 at 4:24 PM, lavar703 said:

He does but he's an elite player when he wants to be. Maybe he just didn't want to be a Jet anymore? 

He signed an extension a couple of years ago, and has been a steamy pile of crap since then. 8 sacks in 2 years. Not really interested in signing the guy. Which prolly means, that we will go astronomical for him. 

To me, the decision should be made with the intention of either of these 2:

1. Pay Muhammad Wilkerson & draft an MLB in the 1st round
  2. Pay Zach Brown & draft a DL in the 1st round

Wherever you feel that you get the most value, you make that move. Personally, I would go with #2.

12 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

To me, the decision should be made with the intention of either of these 2:

1. Pay Muhammad Wilkerson & draft an MLB in the 1st round
  2. Pay Zach Brown & draft a DL in the 1st round

Wherever you feel that you get the most value, you make that move. Personally, I would go with #2.

Will find out tomm, I don't think Wilkerson is leaving tomm without a contract .

I mean, I guess if you can get a 28-year-old former All-Pro on an affordable short-term deal, you almost have to do it. 

But I’m not sure I really see the fit here. If there’s anywhere on defense that you feel okay standing pat right now, isn’t it probably DE? Maybe safety, if they keep Cravens, I guess. But with Allen locking down one spot, Ioannidis solid at the other, Lanier as a pretty explosive backup, and McGee in the rotation as well? That’s a pretty strong group. 

I’m really REALLY hoping they aren’t going to try to use Wilkerson as a NT. It’s enough already with this one-gap penetrating nose thing. Just get a big SOB that will eat up blocks and clog two gaps and dominate inside there.

Archived