Muhammad Wilkerson visiting the redskins

Dashing202

i read it mentioned by a regular HTTR fan elsewhere that this signing would put Wilkerson and Allen at the DE spots.. while Ioannidis would slide inside to the NT spot. On paper, it looks like a nice 3 man DL in base. Can't say I watched much of Ioannidis, but his prior draft profile suggests he is very strong in the skills of a 34NT. 

37 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

i read it mentioned by a regular HTTR fan elsewhere that this signing would put Wilkerson and Allen at the DE spots.. while Ioannidis would slide inside to the NT spot. On paper, it looks like a nice 3 man DL in base. Can't say I watched much of Ioannidis, but his prior draft profile suggests he is very strong in the skills of a 34NT. 

Matt is very good and I think he can handle the NT position.I do still want a big body guy and we do run a lot of nickle.

I see the redskins signing Wilkerson probably today or tomm.

Been reviewing Wilkerson, idk why people suggest he's selfish and isn't a leader . You have guys like Leonard Williams sticking up for him and he leads pregame motivation speeches .

Hes only 28, and he's much better than any DE we have when healthy and motivated .

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Isn't that one of the problems we already have? Slightly under sized NTs? I think Matt is barely over 300. Would he be a success there, really?

It's more about pure strength, balance, technique, and leverage than listed weight. I'd be curious of how accurate listed weights really are year to year. 

Ioannidis is listed at 6'3 - 305 on nfl.com, espn, and redskins.com. 

It wouldn't take much to add 10 lbs, and he's already strong like bull. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Isn't that one of the problems we already have? Slightly under sized NTs? I think Matt is barely over 300. Would he be a success there, really?

He would have to bulk up like ten pounds . He can do that while we can get phil Taylor back and sign a beanu Allen type .

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

It's more about pure strength, balance, technique, and leverage than listed weight. I'd be curious of how accurate listed weights really are year to year. 

Ioannidis is listed at 6'3 - 305 on nfl.com, espn, and redskins.com. 

It wouldn't take much to add 10 lbs, and he's already strong like bull. 

Where was he last year when we clearly needed him (after Taylor went down). Why didn't they try him there?

Good overall article, Dashing. 

Unlike many 3-4 defenses around the NFL, the Redskins use a 1-gap scheme, meaning they like their defensive linemen to control just one gap at the snap of the football, and not constantly look to command a double team. Ioannidis and Allen both excel in this type of look, so asking Matt to jump inside to take snaps as a 1-tech would not limit his value to our defense at all. He could still do what he does best at nose tackle, and that is use his tremendous lower-body strength, active hands, and relentless motor to disrupt plays.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe Jimmy T will elect to go this route, now that he has a whole offseason process to work him in there. If he wants to keep Ioadinnis outside, then they should forget adding expensive DE talent. Little point in adding Wilkerson when you already have Ioa and Allen starting DEs and Lanier as depth. 

On 3/12/2018 at 1:08 PM, mike23md said:

I would rather sign Beau Allen, and keep Ioannidis and Allen at the ends with Lanier, and McGee. (That would mean potentially cutting Terrell McClain). 

I definitely am on board with signing Beau Allen. He’s a big run plugger and underrated. I’d love to get him if wedont get Logan or Poe.

Archived