Richard Sherman Agrees to a 3 Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, so his salary becomes guaranteed in 2020 if he makes All Pro next season. Definitely don't like that. Fine with it being guaranteed next year, but also in 2020? 

Most likely first team All-Pro, which was Ramsay and Rhodes last year. That's going to be difficult to crack. 

About how much I was expecting- thought was going to be 4-50 mil- but better structured than I anticipated. All-Pro is just first and second team?? So basically top 5 corner. At this stage I don't see it, especially without having a good enough pass rush to help him out. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, so his salary becomes guaranteed in 2020 if he makes All Pro next season. Definitely don't like that. Fine with it being guaranteed next year, but also in 2020? 

If he makes All-Pro, it will mean his play is top 2@his position. I'd glady pay 16 mil for a season like that. I doubt he even sniffs a Pro Bowl though. Achilles for a CB is hard injury to comeback from. But I think even him being a step slower, he's still miles better than half of the CBs out there.  

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Top 4 if it is All Pro. But even if he is, CBs drop off swiftly so guaranteeing the 2020 salary is still a risk.

We shall see if he is Pro Bowl caliber or not. Definitely up against it with the injury. 

Honestly, while I don't love the guarantee in 2020, that's a heck of a bet he made on himself. It seems like a solid compromise if nothing else. I can definitely see how it's an acceptable risk to get him signed from the team standpoint

This is a bargain compared to what Trumaine is gonna want. Rams were fools to tag him twice. He played for $16.742mil last season. He's not worth that. He's going to ask for that. He doesn't play anywhere near that type of play. 

Longtime lurker, first time posting in a while. 

Confused. If he becomes an all pro this season, his 2019 and 2020 become guaranteed? ?

If he doesn't become an all pro this season, anybody know what his cap hit will be for all three years?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Top 4 if it is All Pro. But even if he is, CBs drop off swiftly so guaranteeing the 2020 salary is still a risk.

We shall see if he is Pro Bowl caliber or not. Definitely up against it with the injury. 

Isn't 1st team All-Pro top two, then next two 2nd team? 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly, while I don't love the guarantee in 2020, that's a heck of a bet he made on himself. It seems like a solid compromise if nothing else. I can definitely see how it's an acceptable risk to get him signed from the team standpoint

Paraag has a knack for building incentivized contracts. I was dead wrong about him and am happy he's our cap guy.

I mean you have 1st team All Pro and 2nd team All Pro. They didn't specify if it only counts he makes the 1st team or if he makes either of the 1st or 2nd teams. 

Tom Pelissero still thinks we will be aggressive in the "first wave" of free agency. Any guesses who we go after? Sitton? Burton? Robinson? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you have 1st team All Pro and 2nd team All Pro. They didn't specify if it only counts he makes the 1st team or if he makes either of the 1st or 2nd teams. 

Tom Pelissero still thinks we will be aggressive in the "first wave" of free agency. Any guesses who we go after? Sitton? Burton? Robinson? 

I hope we go after AR15

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If norwell is off the board, I'm kinda digging the idea of Pugh despite the injuries. Really good fit for the system. I still think we make a play for Dion Lewis because I think shanny will like his all around game.  Sitton actually makes a lot of sense too. My dark horse would be Jimmy Graham 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If norwell is off the board, I'm kinda digging the idea of Pugh despite the injuries. Really good fit for the system. I still think we make a play for Dion Lewis because I think shanny will like his all around game.  Sitton actually makes a lot of sense too. My dark horse would be Jimmy Graham 

There's been so many Norwell/Giants talk that I've scratched him off our list. Sitton the guy I want next. 

5 hours ago, Yivas said:

Longtime lurker, first time posting in a while. 

Confused. If he becomes an all pro this season, his 2019 and 2020 become guaranteed? ?

If he doesn't become an all pro this season, anybody know what his cap hit will be for all three years?

I suppose his cap hits are exactly what has already been mentioned, except it's not guaranteed, and we can cut him without a ton of dead money against the cap, if his play has declined and we consider he's not worth the price. It might turn out to be a one year contract, in the end. So we're gambling on him and he's gambling on himself.

Archived