SemperFeist

QB: Bradford, Heinicke

RB: Cook, McKinnon, Murray, Ham

TE: Rudolph, Morgan, Hodges

WR: Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Adams, Coley*, Böhringer 

OT: Reiff, Remmers, Hill, Sirles

OG: Boone, Berger, Isidora, Clemmings

OC: Elflein, Easton

* Replaced by Michael Floyd on the roster following the suspension. 

DE: Griffen, Hunter, Robison, Jones, Bower

DT: Jospeh, T. Johnson, Stephen, J. Johnson

OLB: Barr, Robinson, Gedeon, Lee

MLB: Kendricks, Brothers

CB: Rhodes, Wayne's, Newman, Alexander, Roberson, Sherels

S: Smith, Sendejo, Kearse, Harris

ST: Forbath, Symmank, McDermott

Here was my projection from the original forum site with my changes in bold:

QB (2):  Sam Bradford, Case Keenum Taylor Heinicke
RB (3): Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon
WR (6): Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Laquon Treadwell, Jarius Wright, Rodney Adams, Isaac Fruechte
TE (3): Kyle Rudolph, David Morgan, Bucky Hodges
OL (10): Riley Reiff, Alex Boone, Pat Elflein, Joe Berger, Mike Remmers, TJ Clemmings, Rashod Hill, Jeremiah Sirles, Nick Easton, Danny Isidora

DL (10): Everson Griffen, Tom Johnson, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison, Datone Jones, Stephen Weatherly, Will Sutton, Shamar Stephen, Tashawn Bower
LB (6): Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Edmond Robinson, Kentrell Brothers, Elijah Lee, Ben Gedeon
CB (6): Xavier Rhodes, Terence Newman, Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander, Marcus Sherels, Jabari Price
S (4): Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Anthony Harris, Jayron Kearse

K: Kai Forbath
P: Ryan Quigley
LS: Kevin McDermott

PUP:  Sharrif Floyd, Teddy Bridgewater

Practice Squad (10): QB Taylor Heinicke, WR Moritz Böhringer, WR Stacy Coley, TE Nick Truesdell, OT Aviante Collins, OG Willie Beavers, OG Freddie Tagaloa, DL Jaleel Johnson, S Jack Tocho, CB Tre Roberson

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I have a hard time seeing Jaleel Johnson not making the active roster. That would be back to back years with a 4th round pick getting cut. Also, just don't see him making it through waivers onto the practice squad. 

For me, it came down to between him and Sutton, but I'm just not sure how it's all going to shake out...but I do see him having a much better than average shot at making it through waivers, because there's only 1 cut-down day now.  So, he's just going to be 1 of nearly 1200 players all hitting the wire at the same time.  

I just don't get the love for Sutton. He was cut from the Bears, THE BEARS! 

And people can talk all they want about how he wasn't a fit for their system, but even during his rookie year, where he was supposedly a fit, he only had 15 tackles with 0 sacks. He still doesn't have a single career sack. 

QB (2) - Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater (PUP)

RB (4) - Dalvin Cook, Latavius Murray, Jerick McKinnon, C.J. Ham

WR (6) - Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Michael Floyd, Laquon Treadwell, Rodney Adams, Stacey Coley

TE (3) - Kyle Rudolph, David Morgan, Bucky Hodges

OT (4) - Riley Reiff, Mike Remmers, Jeremiah Sirles, Rashod Hill

OG (4) - Alex Boone, Joe Berger, T.J. Clemmings, Danny Isidora

C (2) - Nick Easton, Pat Elflein

DE (4) - Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison, Stephen Weatherly

DT (4) - Linval Joseph, Shamar Stephen, Jaleel Johnson, Tom Johnson, Shariff Floyd (PUP)

DE/DT (1) - Datone Jones

OLB (3) - Anthony Barr, Edmond Robinson, Emmanuel Lamur

MLB (3) - Eric Kendricks, Ben Gedeon, Kentrell Brothers

CB (6) - Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander, Terence Newman, Marcus Sherels, Jabari Price

S (4) - Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Jayron Kearse, Anthony Harris

ST (3) - Kai Forbath, Ryan Quigley, Kevin McDermott

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

@disaacs change Fruechte for Stacy Coley (and then Michael Floyd), Sutton for Jaleel Johnson and Bower for Weatherly, and I like it a lot.

I don't think Newman is projected to start though?

No, it's true, he's probably not going to start, but it's what I had in the old version, so I just left it.  Potentially, though he could be the primary nickel if Mackensie isn't up to snuff.  Terence can do it all...outside, slot, safety.  

One thing that we know for certain in Zimmer's defense is that he likes to rotate players so that they stay fresh. 

I expect to see Newman rotate into every game for a good chuck with Waynes and Alexander throughout the season, and occasionally with Rhodes, as well. 

We've seen one preseason game, so with our reactions, guesses, and over-reactions, let's try and predict the 53 men who are going to be on the longboat for the 2017 Vikings.

QB: Sam Bradford, Case Keenum (Teddy Bridgewater on the PUP) - 2

RB: Dalvin Cook, Latavius Murray, Jerrick McKinnon - 3

FB: CJ Ham - 1

WR: Stefon Diggs, Adam Theilen, Stacey Coley, Rodney Adams, Laquon Treadwell, Jarius Wright (Michael Floyd - Suspended 4 games) - 6

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Dan Morgan, Bucky Hodges - 3

OL: Riley Rieff, Alex Boone, Joe Berger, Mike Remmers, Nick Easton, Pat Elflein, Danny Isidora, TJ Clemmings, Rashod Hill, Jeremiah Sirles - 10

Offense: 25

DE: Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison, Tashawn Bower, Ifeadi Odenigobo - 5

DT: Linval Joseph, Shamar Stephen, Dantone Jones, Tom Johnson, Jaleel Johnson (Sharrif Floyd - Non Football Injury) - 5

LB: Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Edmond Robinson, Eric Wilson, Ben Gedeon, Kentrell Brothers - 6

CB: Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Terrance Newman, Mackensie Alexander, Antone Exum Jr - 5

S: Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Jayron Kearse, Anthony Harris - 4

Defense: 25

K: Kai Forbath

P: Ryan Quigley

LS: Kevin McDermott

Special Teams: 3

I don't have the time or the desire to do an entire 53-man roster prediction, but last night I was thinking about what might happen during Floyd's suspension. It got me thinking about the backs and receivers.

Before I give my thoughts, here is the list of backs and receivers currently on the roster that they'll have to choose from.

RB: Cook, Murray, McKinnon, Sankey, Newby, Ham (FB)
WR: Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Wright, Coley, Adams, Fruechte, Bohringer, Jones, Shelton
TE: Rudolph, Morgan, Hodges, Carter, Price, Truesdell

If I had to guess, I'd say the common belief is to keep 13 players from this list. Usually, that's 3 RBs, 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 1 TE/FB. I've bolded the guys who I believe are near-locks to make the initial roster. Of the remaining, most are giving the last four spots to Coley, Adams, Hodges and either Ham or Carter.

However, I wonder if we could see a scenario where only one of the rookie WRs makes the team and both Ham and Carter make the team.

Early reviews on the OL weren't great. I think they may want to keep extra reinforcements on the roster, at least to start the season.

Later on when Floyd comes back, they could make a decision between keeping the status quo of 5 WRs (which probably means a decision between Wright and Coley) or going back to 6 WRs (and cutting either Ham or Carter).

Archived