Random Raven Remembrances "RRR"

DreamKid

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2007 Ravens almost beating the undefeated patriots on MNF. Sean Taylor passed away a couple days ago and Ray, Ed, Willis had that pep talk in the huddle. All of a sudden Kyle Boller was BALLIN out of nowhere. Next game we get absolutely destroyed by the Colts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:55 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

It's not just one play, per se. Though the Frank Sanders reception stands out because that was pretty much the only good play he made that season after being signed. However, the Ravens comeback vs the Seahawks in 2003 was one of the best I have ever witnessed.

Lol remember when 'Anthony Wright vs. Kyle Boller' became a QB controversy we all had to worry about. 

• Like 1

I always feel this is a play that doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. IMO, it's the "best" throw of Flacco's career, and the "greatest" throw of his career doesn't mean anything without this one: 

link

Something appeals to me with it not being on a drive that led to points, but it definitely saving the game, and set up the Graham INT. The field position war in the OT of that game after the big play fest throughout is great football. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I always feel this is a play that doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. IMO, it's the "best" throw of Flacco's career, and the "greatest" throw of his career doesn't mean anything without this one: 

link

Flacco's timing & accuracy on back shoulder throws and those slot fades was so special. Even if we didn't get the Jacoby TD, I still maintain we would've converted the next down and still ended up with 7. That team just wouldn't be denied. With some more capable players added this off season I'd like to see those concepts return. Even our no huddle passing game was $. Flacco would throw up the devil horns and defenses would get no break, sweating Rice, Smith, Boldin, and Pitta. 

18 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

link

Something appeals to me with it not being on a drive that led to points, but it definitely saving the game, and set up the Graham INT. The field position war in the OT of that game after the big play fest throughout is great football. 

Yep. If Joe doesn't make that throw there, then we give the ball back to Denver at about midfield and put them about one first down away from winning the game. 

The other play that doesn't get talked about enough from that game is this one:

After the Graham INT, we were one 1st down away from getting in FG range for Tucker - and we got it on a 2nd down draw play for Ray Rice. If Marshal Yanda ever gets elected to the Hall of Fame, I hope this play is a part of his highlight reel - the way he comes into that play at the end and singlehandedly pushes Rice over the 1st down marker is amazing. Without that push, we're looking at a 3rd and short there - which, if we don't convert, puts us in a position where Harbaugh has to send the rookie Tucker out there for a ~55 yard field goal. Still makeable for him but that's a MUCH tougher kick for him, I think probably around what his career long make was at that point in his career. 

Instead, Yanda pushes the pile forward, we get the 1st down, pick up an extra 5 yards from there and give Tucker a more makeable 48 yard FG... and well, we know what happens from there. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...