Random Raven Remembrances "RRR"

DreamKid

Zach Orr is only a couple months older than Peanut. It's crazy, who knows what he could've turned into. He's been a great influence on our young guys, and I'm happy he gets to live a second football life through guys like Peanut and Kenny. You always see him going crazy on the sideline when they make a play :D.

Edited by DreamKid

I don’t remember the year but I will never forget the play. I use to work at a very upscale restaurant in Jersey and the ravens were playing the chargers I’m assuming it was a Saturday night game because I always have sundays off for football. The only tv in the place was at the bar and I would pop my head there way to much to the point that the manager was getting angry I was a waiter at the time so it’s almost the end of the game Phillip rivers turns around and hands it to Darren sproles and who shoots up the middle who else Ray Lewis stops him for a loss and I.literally jumped up and yelled from the excitement I almost got fired that night lol but it’s a great ravens memory I have

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RavensFC said:

I don’t remember the year but I will never forget the play. I use to work at a very upscale restaurant in Jersey and the ravens were playing the chargers I’m assuming it was a Saturday night game because I always have sundays off for football. The only tv in the place was at the bar and I would pop my head there way to much to the point that the manager was getting angry I was a waiter at the time so it’s almost the end of the game Phillip rivers turns around and hands it to Darren sproles and who shoots up the middle who else Ray Lewis stops him for a loss and I.literally jumped up and yelled from the excitement I almost got fired that night lol but it’s a great ravens memory I have

Was at that game. Only Ravens game I've ever been to.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 12:29 PM, sp6488 said:

"Back in the Mud Again" is the best video game soundtrack song ever.

Change my mind.

Was an great time to be alive. Also a lot simpler time in my life as a teenager. *Sighs* Good times! Madden damn sure isn't what it used to be that's for sure.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:35 PM, RavensFC said:

Definitely one of the best Raven plays ever. Till this very day it still sends chills up my spine when I watch the replay and you see Ray chanting "Let's go! Let's go!" before the play happens. Just looked Leonidas-like to me. Him preparing for battle and the meal to be come, lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recommend not watching the final kick. And just remember we won the SB the following year, to keep spirits up. For such a crushing loss, there were some really great moments in the game. The Pollard tip/Rookie Jimmy Smith INT is one a lot of people forget about. Right on the heels of a Flacco INT, off a throw that would become one of his strongest later on in his career.

Cameron and Joe really weren't a great match. For being such an everyman guy irl, Flacco imo was a high maintenance QB prospect. And Cameron just wasn't the right guy to extract peak play out of and force progression in Joe. I think the organization has learned some valuable lessons from the Flacco era about the realities of drafting, developing, and supporting a franchise QB. One of the many things that makes organizational consistency/continuity so valuable, you foster a nucleus that if equipped to do so- can learn from trial and error and fine tune multiple aspects of team building and player grooming. 

What so many media fans tend to forget is, how almost no other QB than Flacco could step up against the Patriots in the playoffs in their own stadium. If not for two WR mistakes on the final play of the 2011 and 2014 games, the Ravens could have had more super bowl appearances. Thats a very little difference in plays with huge implications on Flacco and his teams eras legacy. 

The throw in the 2014 game that ended up with an interception. Had Torrey Smith been a DeAndre Hopkins, AB, Julio Jones, Gronkowski etc. type of player, he would have gone up and won that contested catch.

In the super bowl against a high powered Rams offense, the Patriots shot the Rams offense and their QB and mastermind OC/HC down. They never managed to do that against Flacco with better defenses against a less stellar offensive cast

Not a Ravens fan myself, but why not? For me their most memorable win was Super Bowl XLVIII. They totally flustered Kaepernick early on and were in control for most of the game. Then the blackout happened, the Niners came back, and they had to really fight to get out of there with a win. Most teams wouldn't have been capable of that, but they held together. You had to respect them even if you weren't rooting for them.

Most memorable loss, probably the 2003-04 wild card playoff against the Titans. All I heard leading up to the game was that the Ravens were inside their heads, had their number, etc. And that in particular Ray Lewis had Eddie George's number. Nope. It was a hell of a game but the Titans gutted out a win thanks to a long field goal by the Vikings' former kicker Gary Anderson, infamous for his miss in the NFC Championship. It was good to see the guy redeem himself somewhat, even if it was for another team.

Yanda-Leach-Rice, so many drives were built on the back of that legendary link. With Vonta popping back up to retire as a Raven, you must stroll down memory lane. It's required as a Ravens' fan.

....And you also have to clown him out just a little :D. Congrats Vonta, thanks for helping us get that 2nd ring. Always a Raven. If the Hall of Fame actually housed the best all time players at each position(as it should), you'd be in it. 

• 3 weeks later...