Random Raven Remembrances "RRR"

DreamKid

I love it - and what a night for Flacco in that game! 4/10 0TD 1Int xD

But what a sight that defense was. Good coverage, pressure up front, playmakers and HOF leaders!! Long away from the current state of our defense.

Edited by Rein

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I believe he was out for a second as he went limp. 

Definitely, he felt that.

That was during Ray's 'bulk' era. 250-260 LBs. One of the markings of a truly special athlete is when they can carry and adapt their athletic ability to different weights, and Ray could. He probably would've stayed really lean if he was playing in the current league.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Wow, this video from last season is already over 500K views. Seems like it's going to down the route of our other notable intentional penalties throughout the years and leave a mark.

😂 

The first play was genius. And shows why Chuck Clark is a pivotal part of our defense and was given an extension.

The second play shows why the team took Patrick Queen and Malik Harrison in the draft following the season and Peanut is no longer with the team.

• Like 2

If you wanted a super enjoyable look back on the team's history and early stars, this game is F'n perfect. It's like a showcase feature for so many name players. Jonathan Ogden and Edwin Mulitalo dominating. Ray Lewis emerging as a historic defender and leader. Jamal Lewis rampaging as a Rookie back. Monster transplants like Shannon Sharpe and Rod Woodson making huge plays. Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams blocking out the sun.  The list goes on and on.

It's just such a fun watch. And it has all the commercials that originally aired with the broadcast so you get to see how different they were 20 years ago and a lot of "Holy SH&%" moments as you see awful TV shows and awful Movies being advertised. You'll notice some actors in generic advertisements that went on to actual fame later too. There's even a small 'Turducken' segment in there from the great John Madden.

A pure look back at a dominant and historic stretch of football for this club. With highlights on both sides of the ball. I highly recommend you guys check this one out-

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 10:52 PM, DreamKid said:

Wow, this video from last season is already over 500K views. Seems like it's going to down the route of our other notable intentional penalties throughout the years and leave a mark.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:47 AM, diamondbull424 said:

😂

The first play was genius. And shows why Chuck Clark is a pivotal part of our defense and was given an extension.

The second play shows why the team took Patrick Queen and Malik Harrison in the draft following the season and Peanut is no longer with the team.

Not to take anything away from his heads-up play*** but remember CC had the green dot at that point, so could definitely have been radioed in.

***He only has the green dot because of his mind for the game and field general ability 

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If you wanted a super enjoyable look back on the team's history and early stars, this game is F'n perfect. It's like a showcase feature for so many name players. Jonathan Ogden and Edwin Mulitalo dominating. Ray Lewis emerging as a historic defender and leader. Jamal Lewis rampaging as a Rookie back. Monster transplants like Shannon Sharpe and Rod Woodson making huge plays. Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams blocking out the sun.  The list goes on and on.

It's just such a fun watch. And it has all the commercials that originally aired with the broadcast so you get to see how different they were 20 years ago and a lot of "Holy SH&%" moments as you see awful TV shows and awful Movies being advertised. You'll notice some actors in generic advertisements that went on to actual fame later too. There's even a small 'Turducken' segment in there from the great John Madden.

A pure look back at a dominant and historic stretch of football for this club. With highlights on both sides of the ball. I highly recommend you guys check this one out-

Those broadcast production graphics doe

Gotdamn, that left hand side of the OL!

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Those broadcast production graphics doe

Gotdamn, that left hand side of the OL!

Yeah... no way Ogden isn’t the GOAT. No way I’m taking Roaf, Pace, or Jones over him. I’ve never seen Munoz play so I can’t attest to that, but he had less elite LTs in his generation as compared to Ogden to compete for accolades with. That and there’s never been an OL with better traits 6’9” 345 lbs with incredibly long arms... and athleticism all in one guy. Maybe Munoz is 1b with Ogden or vice-versa, but I don’t think there’s a better level to be reached.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...