QB carousel Thread

BillsGuy82

@Trentwannabe @Iamcanadian 

Got a text about Bills going hard for Phillip Rivers with Sportsnet as the source.

Have you boys or anyone in Canada watched Sportsnet today for confirmation ? 

Didn't know where to put this so lock up if need be but Sportsnet is Canada's main sports source. Might be worth a watch even though makes no sense for Chargers 

I think this is crap, he made a big deal about the organization moving to LA. PLus he has like 8 kids and a wife that are happy in southern california. If he was traded I could see him ending up retiring instead of moving his family to the east coast and from 65 degree weather all year to blizzards might not be interested enough for him.

To be fair this is now the 3rd link to random QBs. First it was Andrew Luck, then Nick Foles, and now Phillip Rivers. I also just saw a rumor that the bills and jets are planning to throw a lot of money at Drew Brees tomorrow. Seems like the saints are lowballing the offer and Brees agent is throwing stuff out there to get him a better deal.

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but two QB's I have seen us connected to from writers are Sam Bradford and A.J. McCaron

Boston Globe, Ben Volin

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/03/10/here-look-latest-buzz-nfl-free-agency/qzzY7fggr8dNdCW0Tvt45L/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

The Bills don’t have a quarterback after trading Taylor to the Browns, and with about $40 million in cap space now, they could be contenders for Cousins. The Bills also have a ton of draft capital — picks 21 and 22 in the first round, 53 and 56 in the second round, and 65 and 96 in the third round.

If they draft a quarterback, the Bills will also need to sign a QB in free agency, someone of the A.J. McCarron/Sam Bradford/Mike Glennon variety for $10 million to $12 million.

The AJ McCaron seems more speculative, but if Bradford's knee checks out, I would be ok with a 2 year $20 mil deal while drafting our future QB.

18 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but two QB's I have seen us connected to from writers are Sam Bradford and A.J. McCaron

Boston Globe, Ben Volin

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/03/10/here-look-latest-buzz-nfl-free-agency/qzzY7fggr8dNdCW0Tvt45L/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

The AJ McCaron seems more speculative, but if Bradford's knee checks out, I would be ok with a 2 year $20 mil deal while drafting our future QB.

You can add Keenum to the list too as he was mentioned with Bradford. I would much rather go Cousins if they cant the  move up and draft a qb, sign a guy like Bridgewater/Mccarron to compete. Signing Bradford who cant make it through a season without something happening to those legs. Keenum has been a retread on several teams and i think with the defense and running game being so strong it fit for him. Trading for Foles would be a massive mistake, we all saw what he can do on other teams during a full season he sucked and just because he had a successful superbowl run with a solid run game and defense doesnt mean he can repeat a full season with a mediocre defense (until holes are filled). Giving up a 1st or 2nd rd pick for him would be a huge blow for the bills like Rob Johnson of the late 90s. I hate to sound contradicting because I am not a fan of wasting picks on moving up but the scenario of trading up looks more appealing then trading for foles or paying bradford/keenum at this point. Bills have gone retread as years have gone on because they had no other options now they do if they cant land a franchise caliber qb in cousins then make your way up to get the guy. Sitting at 21 and drafting Lamar Jackson to battle it out with Keenum/foles/bradford sounds miserable to me.

27 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You can add Keenum to the list too as he was mentioned with Bradford. I would much rather go Cousins if they cant the  move up and draft a qb, sign a guy like Bridgewater/Mccarron to compete. Signing Bradford who cant make it through a season without something happening to those legs. Keenum has been a retread on several teams and i think with the defense and running game being so strong it fit for him. Trading for Foles would be a massive mistake, we all saw what he can do on other teams during a full season he sucked and just because he had a successful superbowl run with a solid run game and defense doesnt mean he can repeat a full season with a mediocre defense (until holes are filled). Giving up a 1st or 2nd rd pick for him would be a huge blow for the bills like Rob Johnson of the late 90s. I hate to sound contradicting because I am not a fan of wasting picks on moving up but the scenario of trading up looks more appealing then trading for foles or paying bradford/keenum at this point. Bills have gone retread as years have gone on because they had no other options now they do if they cant land a franchise caliber qb in cousins then make your way up to get the guy. Sitting at 21 and drafting Lamar Jackson to battle it out with Keenum/foles/bradford sounds miserable to me.

Hey we agree on something!! Haha.

No way do I want Foles. Such a waste of draft picks to go after him.

I hope we sign Bridgewater/McCarron/Keenum/Bradford to a 2 year bridge type deal and trade up for the QB of the future. 

7 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Which QB do you think we are getting that needs to sit?

I think Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield will be ready to start day one. And i think we are getting one of those three.

It's not really about a QB needing to sit but more like insurance in case whichever QB doesn't progress well immediately with playbook and what not. I don't think Case Keenum will be looking for a situation like Buffalo's

Archived