QB carousel Thread

BillsGuy82

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I am always a proponent of letting a rookie sit as long as possible to Bradford would make a ton of sense. Yes he's busted and his knees are glass but if we get 10 games out of him then a solid back-up in his second year that's more than worth the money.

The issue I see with letting him sit and signing bradford is this. In order to get the qb you want they have to move to top 5, so your not only trading Glenn but multiple picks. Sam Bradford makes one mistake this year fans will be screaming for the rookie because they spent a ton of moves to get the guy. Plus keep in mind that Bradford is going to expect a similar deal he got with philly and minny which is about 20 mil a year for him for 2 years. I am just not buying the interest for Bradford. I can see them doing a competition with Mccarron or Bridgewater and paying them some money to compete with the rookie and if they win they ride it out the entire season or until they are eliminated for playoffs. I can also see them signing a guy like Matt Moore or Josh Mccown to be serviceable for 4-6 games and let the rookie come in if he isn't ready week 1 for dirt cheap. It will be interesting, I still hold out hopes for Cousins lol.

34 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I am always a proponent of letting a rookie sit as long as possible to Bradford would make a ton of sense. Yes he's busted and his knees are glass but if we get 10 games out of him then a solid back-up in his second year that's more than worth the money.

I agree with this.

It wouldn't bother me one bit to see a top 5 pick sit for 10 games or hopefully a full year if that is what he needs (Darnold, Allen). Buffalo has to get this pick right and we can't afford another EJ situation where he gets rushed in. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with this.

It wouldn't bother me one bit to see a top 5 pick sit for 10 games or hopefully a full year if that is what he needs (Darnold, Allen). Buffalo has to get this pick right and we can't afford another EJ situation where he gets rushed in. 

I think it depends on the QB if they should sit, a guy like EJ, or Allen should definitely have sat/ be sat a year.

Rosen, and Mayfield are ready though. Rosen is about as polished as you get, and Mayfield’s knack is that he’s short. 

I guess you could argue maturity for these guys but i think if that’s the problem then they shouldn’t have been drafted that high anyways.

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I think it depends on the QB if they should sit, a guy like EJ, or Allen should definitely have sat/ be sat a year.

Rosen, and Mayfield are ready though. Rosen is about as polished as you get, and Mayfield’s knack is that he’s short. 

I guess you could argue maturity for these guys but i think if that’s the problem then they shouldn’t have been drafted that high anyways.

While I agree that Rosen and Mayfield could start from day 1. I also don't believe them sitting hurts their development in anyway shape or form. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

While I agree that Rosen and Mayfield could start from day 1. I also don't believe them sitting hurts their development in anyway shape or form. 

Just curious what benefits them for sitting out? They both mechanically are at the prolevel so its not like they need to practice extra on footwork or throwing motion to build up confidence. The only other reason is to learn the playbook but the veteran qb that comes in will need to learn that as well. The only other reason to sit out is if you have no faith in your oline to protect him and could cause injury. I think if you move up and draft a guy you should have him compete right away as it will not hurt them, you got to learn from your mistakes some how.

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just curious what benefits them for sitting out? They both mechanically are at the prolevel so its not like they need to practice extra on footwork or throwing motion to build up confidence. The only other reason is to learn the playbook but the veteran qb that comes in will need to learn that as well. The only other reason to sit out is if you have no faith in your oline to protect him and could cause injury. I think if you move up and draft a guy you should have him compete right away as it will not hurt them, you got to learn from your mistakes some how.

The coverage and speed in the NFL is nothing they have seen before or come even close to. Getting the chance to sit and watch how it unfolds and how teams move pre snap while not having to worry about executing the play can be helpful for a young kid. 

I'm not saying it is a necessity, but no way is it a determent to their game either. 

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The coverage and speed in the NFL is nothing they have seen before or come even close to. Getting the chance to sit and watch how it unfolds and how teams move pre snap while not having to worry about executing the play can be helpful for a young kid. 

I'm not saying it is a necessity, but no way is it a determent to their game either. 

Gotcha, as a fan watching them do these moves to essentially go all in on one of these rookie qbs even though I didnt want them to do it, I just expect to see them start week 1. I know they will have some issues to work out as most rookie qbs do but i think those issues evolve in to bettering them year 2 like Goff and Wentz did. Either way im a fan no matter what I just hope the QB they do end up with is the answer for the next 10 years cause I cannot go through another Ej Manuel Jp Losman Trent Edwards 2-3 year mediocrity and start all over again.

45 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

First off @marshawn lynch charge your phone.

Secondly, that looks so slick.

Third, I want Mayfield to wear number 9 for the Bills ( I don't know why, Just what I picture him in).

Not my phone. Someone else posted it on another forum and thought it looked awesome

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Doesn't Baker Mayfield seem like that leader who McD would fall in love with ?

Hundo!

I have been saying that for a while. As have others. I think Mayfield in Buffalo would thrive as the fan base could rally behind him and he has more than enough arm strength to play in the winter months. 

Spending my night watching some game film of QB’s coming out.

Watched a little of Darnold, and Rosen so far.

Ugh I just love Josh Rosen as a Quarterback. His mechanics are so pretty, his downfield accuracy is beautiful, how he steps up in the pocket, how quick he gets rid of the ball. Has me salivating. 

Archived