Pre Free Agency Rd 1 Mock Draft

PantherFan

1. BROWNS: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.
2. GIANTS: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3. COLTS: Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
4. BROWNS (from HOU): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
5. BRONCOS: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
6. JETS: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
7. BUCCANEERS: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St.
8. BEARS: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
9. 49ERS: Marcus Davenport, DE/OLB, UT-San Antonio
10. RAIDERS: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
11. DOLPHINS: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Va. Tech
12. BENGALS: Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia
13. REDSKINS: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
14. PACKERS: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
15. CARDINALS: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
16. RAVENS: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
17. CHARGERS: Da’Ron Payne, NT, Alabama
18. SEAHAWKS: Derwin James, S, Florida St.
19. COWBOYS: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
20. LIONS: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
21. BILLS: James Daniels, C Iowa
22. BILLS (from CHIEFS): Maurice Hurst, Dt Michigan
23. RAMS: Harold Landry, OLB/DE, Boston College
24. PANTHERS: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
25. TITANS: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP
26. FALCONS: Isaiah Wynn, OT/G, Georgia
27. SAINTS: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
28. STEELERS: Ronnie Harrison, S , Alabama
29. JAGUARS: Christian kirk, WR, Texas A & M
30. VIKINGS: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
31. PATRIOTS: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
32. EAGLES: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise St.

Everyone needs to stop the whole Barkley at one thing. There is literally a 0% chance of it happening, and it just really undermines mocks and ruins them. What's the point of even doing a mock when the first pic is impossible? I asked that kind of bluntly because so many people are doing it. There is no possibility that this happens, so why do it? It's not risky or interesting. It just is a bad mock. Why not put Quenton Nelson number one? Why not put Minkah Fitzpatrick number one? The other elite positions are not going number one. I just don't get it...

As a Browns fan, first I'd be mad they took Barkley at #1 (I like him, but they should choose the QB they want there), then I'd be thrilled when at #4 Darold was still on the board, then I'd rage uncontrollably when they took Allen instead.

Agree that Barkley shouldn't go one but why is everyone so down on taking Mayfield #1 the kids a winner and checks off all the boxes other than being the perfect height. I think Cleveland could use a confident cocky QB. If Barkley is there at 4 you take him and there backfield set for years to come .

With all the good DT's gone Wynn would be the best pick we could make in that situation so it's a solid mock.   Also as far as Barkley 1 i would dang sure take him there and take whichever of the just QB's fall to 4.  None of them are super impressive enough for me to draft one of them at #1 as a can't miss prospect like Luck was coming out. 

2 hours ago, REBEL65 said:

Agree that Barkley shouldn't go one but why is everyone so down on taking Mayfield #1 the kids a winner and checks off all the boxes other than being the perfect height. I think Cleveland could use a confident cocky QB. If Barkley is there at 4 you take him and there backfield set for years to come .

I'm fine with Mayfield. But not at 1. If we have Mayfield as our top QB (possible), we should just take Barkley at 1 and be assured one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. Mayfield is a virtual lock to make it to pick #4, which would be my reasoning behind selecting Saquon at 1.

I still can't imagine the Browns not taking their top QB at #1. Barkley still has a great shot to be there at 4. I think the Colts are sold on Chubb and I think as long as Rosen isn't the #1 pick, he's headed to the Giants. Even if the Colts or Giants trade out of the 2/3 spots, it'll almost assuredly be for a QB, not a RB.

I think the Browns first two picks are Darnold (1) and Barkley (4).

based on what Dorsey just did the past couple days though leads me to believe that Mayfield is the pick. The trade for Tyrod Taylor with him measuring in at 6'1 and Mayfield roughly the same size and ability Todd Healey wont have to alter his offense at all unlike drafting Darnold or Rosen. So if they want Barkley he should be there at 4 leaving trade ups at the Giants and Colts spots for the 2 QB's.

Archived