Giants release CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

marky mark

Second, after Wing, of many cuts to come. Gettleman doesnt like paying aging players and with an entirely new coaching staff, there's gonna be big changes on the roster. 

I'm gonna miss DRC a lot. He was a fan favorite and awesome for a bunch of years. I think he can still play and would be a good signing for a team who wants him to go back to playing outside. He's still fast as hell. 

41 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Browns should be giving him a jingle 

Doesn't seem like a great fit. DRC is terrible against the run, isn't he? Our corners play a ton of off zone and are asked to make stop hits right after the catch. We gift teams yards underneath and then expect our DB"s to rally and tackle. That seems like the exact opposite kind of player that DRC is. Isn't he like a pure man cover corner?

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Doesn't seem like a great fit. DRC is terrible against the run, isn't he? Our corners play a ton of off zone and are asked to make stop hits right after the catch. We gift teams yards underneath and then expect our DB"s to rally and tackle. That seems like the exact opposite kind of player that DRC is. Isn't he like a pure man cover corner?

I was honestly being a smart alec, but yes. I wouldn’t say a pure man, but he isn’t a sure fire tackler.

11 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

id just change the title to “Giants cut Sexy Bologna”

Regardless of how Sexy his Bologna may be- and I confess a felt a stir of interest, looking at his photo- would it be fair to say that the Giants' cutting of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie means that they are more likely to keep Eli Apple, and give him a shot at redemption, given his youth and talent?

Image result for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie nickname

Archived