Green Bay Packers: QB DeShone Kizer Could Be a Diamond in the Rough

Bob Fox

So Randall has basically sucked for 2 years. He played BETTER, not great the second half of the year after getting yanked from a game. I read his teammates wanted him gone. I don't think it can get worse than that for a player. Glad he's gone, and think we took a risk on a QB with a ton more upside than Hundley. Those who were bitching about needing an upgrade at back up QB are now bitching becase we traded a malcontent CB. LOL! That is truth. 

We trade a few decades ago for a rookie who flamed out of Atlanta and that turned out pretty good for us. Who know, but history does repeat itself. 

The big issue here is we need to get a few CB's who can play. No question it's a weakness on our team. Guessing we overpay Colvin to get our slot QB. I hope this does not prohibit us from drafting a pass rusher in round 1. Actually Wilkerson a pass rusher in round 1 a CB in round 2 and Colvin and our defense could be pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

So Randall has basically sucked for 2 years. He played BETTER, not great the second half of the year after getting yanked from a game. I read his teammates wanted him gone. I don't think it can get worse than that for a player. Glad he's gone, and think we took a risk on a QB with a ton more upside than Hundley. Those who were bitching about needing an upgrade at back up QB are now bitching becase we traded a malcontent CB. LOL! That is truth. 

We trade a few decades ago for a rookie who flamed out of Atlanta and that turned out pretty good for us. Who know, but history does repeat itself. 

The big issue here is we need to get a few CB's who can play. No question it's a weakness on our team. Guessing we overpay Colvin to get our slot QB. I hope this does not prohibit us from drafting a pass rusher in round 1. Actually Wilkerson a pass rusher in round 1 a CB in round 2 and Colvin and our defense could be pretty good. 

Or Trumain Johnson, but yeah the D needs a big overhaul for any of our qb's 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Done. Pencil it in.

HHCD, Brice, King, Colvin, and a 2nd round rookie is the starting secondary you're hitching your wagon to? 

With depth of Marwin Evans, Josh Jones, Josh Hawkins, Lenzy Pipkins, Demetri Goodson?

Your an injury away from complete disaster. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

HHCD, Brice, King, Colvin, and a 2nd round rookie is the starting secondary you're hitching your wagon to? 

With depth of Marwin Evans, Josh Jones, Josh Hawkins, Lenzy Pipkins, Demetri Goodson?

Your an injury away from complete disaster. 

Agree with everything other than the off fact you list Josh Jones as "depth." He's our starting SS.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with everything other than the off fact you list Josh Jones as "depth." He's our starting SS.

You've got more faith than I do in his development. 

I was not encouraged by his performance last year as a long term safety. If you want him playing that Raven/Hybrid spot, I'm more encouraged, but he looked lost any time you asked him to back pedal. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You've got more faith than I do in his development. 

I was not encouraged by his performance last year as a long term safety. If you want him playing that Raven/Hybrid spot, I'm more encouraged, but he looked lost any time you asked him to back pedal. 

Safeties always look like when every WR coming at them is open. I remember seeing the same thing with Nick Collins. He was the best DB in camp, his explosion and range were special. If guys like Jones and King can't be developed than we need to move on from Whitt because everything you want is there.

We haven’t had much luck with “project QB’s” in the recent past, so I’m not holding my breath.  Some say throwing an unseasoned rookie into action too soon can actually have a very negative, long-term effect on said QB’s confidence.  Hope Kizer has a short memory.

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Safeties always look like when every WR coming at them is open. I remember seeing the same thing with Nick Collins. He was the best DB in camp, his explosion and range were special. If guys like Jones and King can't be developed than we need to move on from Whitt because everything you want is there.

Question with Jones if he's going to see it.

Sick and tired of writing that about all our players.

22 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Why exactly do you think we need 3 db in free agency? 

Because our current top 4 group is Kevin King, Josh Hawkins, Lenzy Pipkins, and Demetri Goodson

You're playing 3 corners on 50%+ of your plays, you need at least one backup.

God forbid you have the luck we've had in previous seasons and we lose 3 guys playing real snaps. 

Archived