Miami shopping OT James

Tetsujin

40 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Mike Pouncey might be on the block as well...

Yes please.  I honestly take James at $9 million over Pouncey and his $9 million.  He's never healthy, and his play has gone downhill.  Cut bait.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Yes please.  I honestly take James at $9 million over Pouncey and his $9 million.  He's never healthy, and his play has gone downhill.  Cut bait.

Mike Pouncey played more snaps than anyone on offense last year. First year he's been "healthy", even though he skipped one practice every week to make it happen.

37 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Mike Pouncey played more snaps than anyone on offense last year. First year he's been "healthy", even though he skipped one practice every week to make it happen.

I'm well aware.  The "never healthy" statement was obviously an overstatement, but his hip is a ticking time bomb going forward, his play has declined, and he has played in 14, 12, 14 and 5 games in the 4 seasons prior to this one.  

39 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm well aware.  The "never healthy" statement was obviously an overstatement, but his hip is a ticking time bomb going forward, his play has declined, and he has played in 14, 12, 14 and 5 games in the 4 seasons prior to this one.  

I don’t think the “never healthy” was an overstatement.  Appears accurate to me.  I’ve always felt Pouncey has been way overrated and that was when he was healthy. Nevertheless he was a very good Center when healthy, and despite his appearance in every game last season it’s obvious that his hips are wrecking his performance.....and I can say from personal experience as a big man with hip problems ( both now artificial ) Pouncey’s performance isn’t going to get better.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he only plays 2 more seasons, he has serious hip issues which require hip replacements.

45 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yep his hip is a big problem with an unknown amount of time remaining. Pouncey overall hasn't lived up to his 1st round billing, and tbh I don't get why Ross is so enamoured with him, but man getting rid of James & Pouncey potentially? 

I’d like to see Jesse Davis lock down the right guard spot, but since we are moving on from James I expect Davis to be the most likely to be our RT.  IMO Davis play was pretty good last year, and I’m excited to see him lock in a full time starting spot this year.  The guy knows how to deliver a pop, seal off the defender, and drive the legs.......he was easily my favorite dolphins OLineman to watch last season.  Hopefully Asiata steps up to the left guard spot this upcoming camp.

Looks like we have placed a contract offer on the table for James to sign.  No numbers being reported yet but it’s surely less than the $9.5 mil 5th year option.  I don’t expect he will sign the offer, with this weak free agent OT class he will probably make a lot more becoming a UFA.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Looks like we have placed a contract offer on the table for James to sign.  No numbers being reported yet but it’s surely less than the $9.5 mil 5th year option.  I don’t expect he will sign the offer, with this weak free agent OT class he will probably make a lot more becoming a UFA.

Seems like "We want you back but at our price." It's a good approach in this situation.

43 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Seems like "We want you back but at our price." It's a good approach in this situation.

I agree.  I would be surprised if it works, but if it doesn’t work, so what?  It doesn’t cost anything if we’re just going to rescind the 5th year option and let him walk anyway.

Archived