Pre free agency mock offseason

Jmacpackattack

I've enjoyed reading all of the mock offseasons that everyone posts..thought I'd try my own.  All feedback, positive or negative is encouraged.  I'll admit I'm not a cap guru so I'm not going to get  super specific, but all the moves I made should fit within the cap.  

Current cap space: approximately 19 million

Cuts: Randall Cobb (saves 9.5 million). His production can be replaced at a third of his cost IMO.

Restructure: Jordy Nelson.  (Saves 4 million in cap space)

Total cap approx. 32.5 million

Trades: #101 and #239 to Philly for Ronald Darby.  Brett Hundley for a conditional 2019 late Rd. Pick. 

Philly is short on picks and in need of some salary relief.  They will have a hard time retaining Darby past this year.  They have alot of depth so decide to get something for him while they can.  With the shortage of quality backup QBs in the NFL someone will still take a chance on Hundley.

Resign: Richard Rodgers 2 yr/4 million.  Quinton dial 1 yr/1.5 million.  Brett Goode 1 yr/vet min

UFA: Rashaan Melvin 3 yr/28 mil.  Trey Burton 4 yr/24 mil.  Mo Wilkerson 3 yr/23 mil.  Kendall Wright 1 yr/3 mil.

Gutekunst is agressive in his first year as GM.  Cornerback is the main focus with Darby and Melvin.  Wilkerson makes alot of sense with Pettine and Burton is the pass catching tight end the offense needs to thrive.  Kendall Wright provides alot of what Cobb does but not nearly as expensive.

Draft:

14. Harold Landry, OLB BC.  Love him as a prospect.  Prefer him to davenport.

45. Isaiah Oliver, CB Colorado.  Long cb with good cover skills.  Has the potential to be an above average starter soon

76. Equinameous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame.  Tall, quick WR that suffered from inconsistent qb play.  Will look good opposite Adams next year.

*Trade* #138 and #186 for a pick around #120.  Wyatt teller, OG VA Tech.  Good depth is important on the offensive line.  Has ability to start on the interior early in his career.

133. Marcus Allen, S Penn St.  After letting Burnett walk, depth is needed at safety.

172. Jack Cichy, LB Wisconsin  Pre injury he was a beast.  A nose for the football.  Will be a fan favorite in Wisconsin.

174. Keke Coutee, WR Texas Tech.  My favorite mid Rd. Prospect. Fast, made for the slot.  Can be a returner day 1

207. Kyle Lauletta, QB Richmond.  Developmental prospect.  Packers learn their lesson after hundley.  Competion is good

232. Brian Allen, OC Michigan State.  Has a pedigree, starting experience at a big time school.  Big 10 centers have a knack of succeeding.

53 man Roster:

QB: Rodgers, kizer, Lauletta

RB: Williams, Jones, Montgomery, ripkowski

WR: Adams, Nelson, Wright, St. Brown, Michael Clark, Keke Coutee 

TE: Burton, Kendricks, Rodgers

OL: Bahktiari, Bulaga, Linsley, Taylor, McCray, Spriggs, Murphy, Teller, Allen.

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adams, Dial

OLB: Matthews, Perry, Landry, Biegel, Fackrell, Gilbert

ILB: Martinez, Ryan, Cichy (Matthews and Josh Jones can play in a pinch)

CB: Melvin, King, Darby, Oliver, Rollins

S: Haha, Jones, Brice, Evans, Allen

ST: Crosby, Vogel, Goode

Hope you enjoyed!  Like I said, all feedback is welcome.  Sorry if the formatting is off.  First time poster on my cell phone, not sure what to expect.

2 minutes ago, Jmacpackattack said:

The Darby thing may be wishful thinking but there some reports out there about a situation like I outlined happening.  

I feel ya. If nothing else I can "pretend" we did a similar deal for a different corner. I hadn't heard those reports..I figured he was pretty much set in stone there.

Archived