FOX pursuing Witten for TNF

WizardHawk

I haven't a clue as to how credible this guy is, but doesn't appear to be anyone on Twitter rejecting this either. 

We all love Witten, but this, imo, could be a blessing. Witten is long ways away from what he was and adds $7m in cap.   

On 3/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't think Dak is ready for life after Witten. It isn't necessarily skill level - but overall knowledge of the offense that would take a hit

You, sir, obviously played football at a competitive level. At least somewhat.

What Witten has lost in speed getting up field, he more than makes up for in just damn football ability and knowledge.

Knowing HOW to seal that edge or how to sell that route. Knowing HOW to shield the ball to make a tough grab in a tight spot. Knowing HOW to find that space in a zone, or how to help that OT, or how to bait a DB or Lb into a mistake..these things are irreplaceable.

Who cares if he cant run that seam route any longer, the one and Romo used to make look easy? Who cares if he is mostly a 4-7 yard big body target instead of that split end receiver he used to be? He provides an easy yardage outlet and knows how to get the job done. Thats the guy you want out there.

Losing him will not help this team. This talk of losing him being a bleasing is pure insanity man.

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

I love Witten he's one of my all time favourite Cowboys.  I'll hate to see him hang them up. However if he's hanging around for a ring, he better go somewhere else.

...dude,  2016

How close was this team?

I mean, if not for Rodgers, this team would have been at least to the Championship game Id believe. And who knows..a gust of win here, a surprise play there, and Witten could have had his ring.

And I refuse to believe this team has somehow gotten worse since then. Better corners, better play on the DL, more experience/not a rookie at QB, defense as a whole playing better..

This team has a chance to bring him a ring.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

2016, we got beat by the team, who got beat by the team, who won the Superbowl. I don't think we get past Atl that year 

Maybe not. But the team showed how close it is. Last year, a lot of dumb things went wrong..Zekes suspension, Dez playing hurt, Dak had some growing pains, tyron was hurt...But I find 2016 more indicative of what this team is/can be than last year.

We had the Pack beat though. One play. One darn play by the best gunslinger to ever lace em up. Thats what did the team in. That close.

I get he's probably smarter now, but at this stage in his career, If Witten is the difference maker for Dak and this offense, Dallas is in a world of hurt. He's a smart TE, with average physical ability now and no longer worth $7m/yr. 

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I get he's probably smarter now, but at this stage in his career, If Witten is the difference maker for Dak and this offense, Dallas is in a world of hurt. He's a smart TE, with average physical ability now and no longer worth $7m/yr. 

No one called him the difference maker - but he is a boost to the offense. He cant run or stretch the field as he once did, but he is still very reliable short area receiver and arguably the most consistent target Dak has. Hes also good in the red zone. Combined with his blocking, its a big contribution

20 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

No one called him the difference maker - but he is a boost to the offense. He cant run or stretch the field as he once did, but he is still very reliable short area receiver and arguably the most consistent target Dak has. Hes also good in the red zone. Combined with his blocking, its a big contribution

TO7 stated Dak wasn't ready for life after Witten, you agreed. That is a round about way of saying difference maker. And, I'd question how much of a boost 9 ypr and 1.6 yac is to the offense. Guy hasn't gone over 10 ypr in 3 yrs. His blocking has been in steady to rapid decline. His on field contributions are pretty easily replaceable at this point. 

Archived