FOX pursuing Witten for TNF

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

TO7 stated Dak wasn't ready for life after Witten, you agreed. That is a round about way of saying difference maker. And, I'd question how much of a boost 9 ypr and 1.6 yac is to the offense. Guy hasn't gone over 10 ypr in 3 yrs. His blocking has been in steady to rapid decline. His on field contributions are pretty easily replaceable at this point. 

A young QBs best friend is a reliable big body TE capable of making tight window catches in the short game. And make no mistake..a big body TE isnt enough. You have to know how to shield away defenders and make those catches. Its not something that.comes easy, it comes with experience. Plus Wittens knowledge of the game makes him a reliable option route guy, always available vs the zone.

That would be a safety blanket that is tough to lose early on. 

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

...dude,  2016

How close was this team?

I mean, if not for Rodgers, this team would have been at least to the Championship game Id believe. And who knows..a gust of win here, a surprise play there, and Witten could have had his ring.

And I refuse to believe this team has somehow gotten worse since then. Better corners, better play on the DL, more experience/not a rookie at QB, defense as a whole playing better..

This team has a chance to bring him a ring.

Dude, Dallas has proven that an injury or two to a starter and the wheels come off.  Until we actually pay more than lip service to "next man up" and improve our depth we aren't winning anything.  Things could change but right now I think the cream of the crop in the NFC are the Eagles, Saints, and Vikings.

6 minutes ago, Northland said:

Dude, Dallas has proven that an injury or two to a starter and the wheels come off.  Until we actually pay more than lip service to "next man up" and improve our depth we aren't winning anything.  Things could change but right now I think the cream of the crop in the NFC are the Eagles, Saints, and Vikings.

Oh im not disagreeing with that - this team is not deep.enough to withstand a major injury to a few key players. But very few teams are...

However when healthy, Id give us a good fighting chance against any of the elite NFC teams, especially with Lewis and Chido only bound to get better. I think this defense is heading for greatness with those two out wide and Lawrence and Irving up front. and for a long time, pressure, coverage, and pressure/coverage (defense as a whole) was what kept holding the team back year after year after year.

But yep...not deep enough to withstand a few big injuries. Thats why i keep saying..draft me the best football players you can get, positions of need and potential is a secondary and tertiary thing imo. "Oh, he ran a 4.4 and jumped real high.and fills a position of need? Cool. But...can he play football, NFL football?' Draftplayers you can say yes for that question to, and you will build depth able to hold up against injuries.

21 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Oh im not disagreeing with that - this team is not deep.enough to withstand a major injury to a few key players. But very few teams are...

However when healthy, Id give us a good fighting chance against any of the elite NFC teams, especially with Lewis and Chido only bound to get better. I think this defense is heading for greatness with those two out wide and Lawrence and Irving up front. and for a long time, pressure, coverage, and pressure/coverage (defense as a whole) was what kept holding the team back year after year after year.

But yep...not deep enough to withstand a few big injuries. Thats why i keep saying..draft me the best football players you can get, positions of need and potential is a secondary and tertiary thing imo. "Oh, he ran a 4.4 and jumped real high.and fills a position of need? Cool. But...can he play football, NFL football?' Draftplayers you can say yes for that question to, and you will build depth able to hold up against injuries.

I like our corners and agree with you re the draft.  I think our hand will be forced however to take a LB.  Hitchens is gone, Lee is one year older, and we are not sure what we have in Smith.

If we stay healthy we will fight for a playoff spot.  NFC is deep.  

All that being said it's an even year so we will go 14-2, win the east, but get bounced in our first playoff  game and scream for Garrett's head.

Archived