NCAA Tournament East Region Discussion

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Refs were brutal both ways. I can point to multiple instances of awful calls against us too. 

When we got up 58-50 you guys got free throws on like 4 straight possessions while we couldn’t buy a call.

Then the last play of the game, Keenan Evans got absolutely mugged with no call...that was ridiculous.

The refs were much more brutal our way. They didn't hit Evans with three quick fouls in the first 7 minutes of the second half. Allen played point completely changed that game.

And on the last play of the game, Evans got trapped in the corner and refused to pass it out. That wasn't a mugging. That's what happens when you get trapped and hold the ball.

Regardless, we had three shots to tie the game with open looks, and it didn't happen. That's on us.

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Any Purdue/Big 10 fans here who can give me a little run down on their squad?

Looking at the stats, I had no idea they shoot the 3 as well as they do...

What's the deal with Haas? I'm assuming with an extra 4 days rest he'll be good to go?

Has fractured a bone around his right elbow.  Highly unlikely he will play in the tourney. 

Both the Edwards' and Mathias can shoot it well.  

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Any Purdue/Big 10 fans here who can give me a little run down on their squad?

Looking at the stats, I had no idea they shoot the 3 as well as they do...

What's the deal with Haas? I'm assuming with an extra 4 days rest he'll be good to go?

4 players who can shoot the hell out of the ball. Haarms is a good defender, but a massive step-down on offense. I personally think Carsen Edwards is the best player in the B1G. Not sure they can overcome losing Haas (don't think he'll play since he has the fracture, and while he tried to go, it would have required a harder cast, which is illegal)

Archived